Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2012 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default June 2012 Finds

Lets start the month right!!

Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crysis(PC) manual and case $1
    Assassins Creed: Revelations(360) $9.99
    Killzone 3(PS3) $14.98 x2
    Mega Memory Card(PS1) $3
    The Heroic Trio vhs movie $1
    Cheats & Codes 2011 1 cent

I picked up AC at Besy Buy. I couldn't decide which variation of Killzone 3 I wanted so I bought them both. I'll probably keep the one with the outdated Socom 4 beta. Interesting enough, the PS1 memory card(which also had a regular memory card included in the box) holds up to 360 blocks of memory. This is the second instance of something from the PS1 referencing the 360 but thats because of the number and not Microsoft's future system...unless Sony could see into the future. Crysis didn't have a disc in it but because I have been playing Crysis on my 360 lately I decided to get the manual and case anyway, mainly for the manual. Plus, it's not like I was going to play it on my PC anyway. After seeing there was no disc inside the cashier decided to only charge me a buck.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 06-01-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

my first decent round of finds for this year finally.

First off stopped at this place called "Junktiques" basically a store that a local picker setup in burlington vermont.

He had an atari game case full of 2600 games and a very nice looking atari 2600 and some manuals sitting next to it.

Bought Battlezone and galaxian for 5 bucks together.
    Also found the Atari 2600 manual (probably for the one sitting there. a 4 switch model) and a booklet talking about the different games you could buy for the system.. I think its a pack in because the games listed I believe are all original release games. Maybe someone can confirm for me. Paid 2 bucks for the pair.
    Also an item i am gonna have to get another time that I found there..... A vectrex console. 60 bucks i didn't ask to see if i can turn it on to see if it turns on. No games around to test it with sadly.

Goodwill I bought the Nintendo Power Stategy Guide for Ninja Gaiden II. The spine part of the cover has been ripped off but other then that great condition... 99 cents.
    Also found a copy Parasite Eve for the PS1. 3 dollars.
    Not bad haul if I do say so myself. Nothing really worth anything (except i see parasite eve is going for 15 bucks right now on ebay but whatever).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FamicomFreak View Post
    Lets start the month right!!

Bootleg GBC games?

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    my first decent round of finds for this year finally.

First off stopped at this place called "Junktiques" basically a store that a local picker setup in burlington vermont.

He had an atari game case full of 2600 games and a very nice looking atari 2600 and some manuals sitting next to it.

Bought Battlezone and galaxian for 5 bucks together.
    Also found the Atari 2600 manual (probably for the one sitting there. a 4 switch model) and a booklet talking about the different games you could buy for the system.. I think its a pack in because the games listed I believe are all original release games. Maybe someone can confirm for me. Paid 2 bucks for the pair.
    Also an item i am gonna have to get another time that I found there..... A vectrex console. 60 bucks i didn't ask to see if i can turn it on to see if it turns on. No games around to test it with sadly.
    That's a good price for a Vectrex. It has a built-in game (Minestorm) so you should be able to test it out fine with that (other than the cart slot, obviously).

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    That's a good price for a Vectrex. It has a built-in game (Minestorm) so you should be able to test it out fine with that (other than the cart slot, obviously).
    alright thanks man!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    Bootleg GBC games?
    Yeah that's right ^_^
    Visit my blog at www.retrogaminglife.com ^_^ You won't regret it!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post

Crysis(PC) manual and case $1
    Assassins Creed: Revelations(360) $9.99
    Killzone 3(PS3) $14.98 x2
    Mega Memory Card(PS1) $3
    The Heroic Trio vhs movie $1
    Cheats & Codes 2011 1 cent

I picked up AC at Besy Buy. I couldn't decide which variation of Killzone 3 I wanted so I bought them both. I'll probably keep the one with the outdated Socom 4 beta. Interesting enough, the PS1 memory card(which also had a regular memory card included in the box) holds up to 360 blocks of memory. This is the second instance of something from the PS1 referencing the 360 but thats because of the number and not Microsoft's future system...unless Sony could see into the future. Crysis didn't have a disc in it but because I have been playing Crysis on my 360 lately I decided to get the manual and case anyway, mainly for the manual. Plus, it's not like I was going to play it on my PC anyway. After seeing there was no disc inside the cashier decided to only charge me a buck.
    My local Best Buy and Target stores are crap. KZ3 was $29.99 and I remember seeing AC for the same price (or maybe a bit less).

I just laughed when I saw "pre-owned" copies of DNF priced at $24.99 at BB. I envy your local retailers.

Anyway, flea market today sucked. Didn't bother stopping at any yard sales because most of them were one single table of clothes. However, I did buy:

Splinter Cell: Conviction 360 - $10 (been wanting to play this and it's not a terrible price)
    Sega Genesis Model 2 w/ two controllers & Sonic 2 boxed - $20
    Mortal Kombat Genesis boxed - $2
    Yamaha drum machine - $2 (easy resell on eBay for $30 or so)
    Controller lot: SMS Light Gun, 2 three-button Genesis controllers, and a 3DO Goldstar controller - $10

Passed up on a US Robotics 56k fax modem NIB for $5. Offered $1 but since it was a "box computer thing", they needed at least $5. They didn't even know what it was until the man looked at it. Probably could have got it for $3 but those things aren't as easy to sell anymore and the prices have went down a great deal.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so $6.50 for everything in this first picture:

All this cost me $20 after trading in some Wii, PS3 games at local game store

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

After a somewhat disappointing visit to the dirt mall (though I did manage to pick up one of these cool things for five bucks),
    http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tomy/CosmicClash.htm

I decided to stop at a church rummage sale on a whim.

$25 for the lot.

$1 each. Spot the game that nearly caused me to crap my pants upon finding.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

$1 each. Spot the game that nearly caused me to crap my pants upon finding.[/QUOTE]

Street fighter 2 turbo? Hell yeah you get to PLAY AS THE BOSSES!!!!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post

$1 each. Spot the game that nearly caused me to crap my pants upon finding.
    Street fighter 2 turbo? Hell yeah you get to PLAY AS THE BOSSES!!!![/QUOTE]

Naw man, I'm talkin' about Super Double Dragon! It's like the original Double Dragon, but with worse controls and slowdown! BAD-ICAL!

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaruff View Post
    My local Best Buy and Target stores are crap. KZ3 was $29.99 and I remember seeing AC for the same price (or maybe a bit less).

I just laughed when I saw "pre-owned" copies of DNF priced at $24.99 at BB. I envy your local retailers.
    Killzone 3 was on clearance at Target. And Best Buy's @Gamer magazine had a $20 off coupon for Assassins Creed: Revelation(for 360 or PS3) so I waited for it to go on sale last week(marked down from $39.99 to $29.99) and used it for maximum savings. Those coupons in that magazine have also made it possible for me to get brand new copies of Splinter Cell: Conviction, Mass Effect 2, Rage and Bulletstorm all for $5 each after using the $15 off coupons when those games got marked down to $20. Whats even better is the fact that the coupons count as cash so although I only paid $10 for AC: Revelations it counted towards my rewards zone and gamers club points as if I paid the full $30 for it.

I would suggest you subscribe or atleast look at the latest issue of @Gamer magazine in all Best Buy stores every month. Some months it's a bust but the $15 I paid for my subscription has already paid itself back several times over. And if you want another Best Buy deal, all stores that still have the collectors edition of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood have been marked down to $29.99. I was able to find PS3 copies in pretty much every store but only one had 360 copies left. And that edition was originally $99.99 when it released.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Killzone 3 was on clearance at Target. And Best Buy's @Gamer magazine had a $20 off coupon for Assassins Creed: Revelation(for 360 or PS3) so I waited for it to go on sale last week(marked down from $39.99 to $29.99) and used it for maximum savings. Those coupons in that magazine have also made it possible for me to get brand new copies of Splinter Cell: Conviction, Mass Effect 2, Rage and Bulletstorm all for $5 each after using the $15 off coupons when those games got marked down to $20. Whats even better is the fact that the coupons count as cash so although I only paid $10 for AC: Revelations it counted towards my rewards zone and gamers club points as if I paid the full $30 for it.

I would suggest you subscribe or atleast look at the latest issue of @Gamer magazine in all Best Buy stores every month. Some months it's a bust but the $15 I paid for my subscription has already paid itself back several times over. And if you want another Best Buy deal, all stores that still have the collectors edition of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood have been marked down to $29.99. I was able to find PS3 copies in pretty much every store but only one had 360 copies left. And that edition was originally $99.99 when it released.
    Yea, my local target had KZ3 for $29.99. Two copies, neither on clearance. The only under-10 games I saw were some guitar titles.

I saw the placeholder for ACB at BB but the only "collector's editions" they had on the floor were two copies of Prototype 2. I don't know whether they sold a lot in a short amount of time or were too lazy to restock the shelves. Will have to check out that magazine though.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I blew it, passed up Panzer General longbox for $5 but got Viewtiful Joe and Metroid Prime 2 for $1 each. Guess which one is worth >$1, yep the one I left behind. Worse is that I knew better...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I hit several flea markets today, all I ended up getting was Thorn EMI's Jumbo Jet Pilot for the Atari 400/800, loose, for $3.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hit up a thrift store this morning with the housemates. I saw a pair of Xbox consoles behind the counter and a beat up N64 with power supply and missing covers for expansion slots but didn't pick any of them up. I actually ran into my cousin and his parents there.

The nice thing about the trip was I noticed a GS location that I wasn't aware of previously. I ended up trekking back to that part of town later in the day but didn't find anything worthwhile at that store. At another location I snagged the DS games Zenses: Ocean for $3 and Mystery Case Files: Millionheir for $5.

Not really finds per se but I picked up Windy X Windam on DS from Amazon for $5 and Shepherd's Crossing on PSP for $4.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Nice little garage sale score.

Autobots. Roll out.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

From Thursday, Friday, and Saturday garage sales

Couple more 'bookshelf games', though these aren't worth anything :\ $1 each
    Wii was $5, so figured it was broken, turns out it is a korean one and is bricked with the 003 error. Looks like there is a fix for this, but might be more trouble than it is worth for me. Had the bootleg Kart game in it.
    The Atari is in amazing condition, so I couldn't leave it behind - $14
    The water basketball game is pretty cool; my aunt and uncle used to get us one of these every year for xmas. It was $1, and apparently people collect these now.
    The LCD game I got thrown in with the VCS and water game at the same sale.
    The Wii game and "pokemon Collection 100 in 1" were $5 or so. The GB boot is pretty cool. It has a bunch of actually different games. Stuff like Pokemon G, S, Y, R, B, Mario Land, CV Adventure, Burai Fighter, Dr. Mario, Klax, etc. And then there are a bunch of pong clones and repeats that are just level selects for Mario Land (Egyptian Mario) and Castlevania 4 (lvl 4 of Adventure).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    From Thursday, Friday, and Saturday garage sales

Couple more 'bookshelf games', though these aren't worth anything :\ $1 each
    Wii was $5, so figured it was broken, turns out it is a korean one and is bricked with the 003 error. Looks like there is a fix for this, but might be more trouble than it is worth for me. Had the bootleg Kart game in it.
    The Atari is in amazing condition, so I couldn't leave it behind - $14
    The water basketball game is pretty cool; my aunt and uncle used to get us one of these every year for xmas. It was $1, and apparently people collect these now.
    The LCD game I got thrown in with the VCS and water game at the same sale.
    The Wii game and "pokemon Collection 100 in 1" were $5 or so. The GB boot is pretty cool. It has a bunch of actually different games. Stuff like Pokemon G, S, Y, R, B, Mario Land, CV Adventure, Burai Fighter, Dr. Mario, Klax, etc. And then there are a bunch of pong clones and repeats that are just level selects for Mario Land (Egyptian Mario) and Castlevania 4 (lvl 4 of Adventure).
    If you decide not to try and fix the wii I might be willing to take it off your hands.