Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: June 2012 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Other things I saw today..
    Damnit, it's that nurse themed pachinko machine that everyone seems to find for next to nothing but I've never come across.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I stopped at a Movie Trading Company store and bought a clearly pirate copy of Tom & Jerry Frantic Antics! for the Genesis. It always surprises me what games pirate manufacturers make copies of. Did the original game sell so amazingly well that they retooled their factory to make knock-offs of it? Weird.
    Oddly enough, the SNES Tom & Jerry game seems to be a popular inclusion on SNES pirate multicarts... or at least on most of the carts I've seen online.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 06-25-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Probably because Tom & Jerry is a 4 megabit game (the lowest common size on SNES games) based on a popular character. Pirates probably deliberately chose the lowest memory games so they can fit the most on a single cart.
    (like if any Famicom pirate cart claims to contain more than 10 games, it's probably a ton of first-gen (16-40K) games.)
    Last edited by SparTonberry; 06-25-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

Did some wheeling and dealing and traded for a brand new Playstation 3 slim. It came bundled with Gran Turismo XL edition and Sly Cooper collection. They also threw in Sonic Generations and a silver Sony controller

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Damnit, it's that nurse themed pachinko machine that everyone seems to find for next to nothing but I've never come across.
    This is something I'd had loved to own since it's newer then my older pachinko machines..it had a transformer and plug.
    .......I made a promise to myself(and wife) that I will not buy things that I don't need..and only look for things to resell in my hunts..
    I know if this was cheap enough into the van it would of went.

I was reluctant to ask price after looking at the other"vintage items the vendor had up for sale..I had never seen the people before..
    I would say the way that had it displayed and with what else they had I'd not be surprised they'd want $250.00..

I also ran into a guy with an old Poker stand up arcade machine,he knew I am into Arcade machines..He is to bring the machine for me to look at and price for him ,the last guy that had one of them out there wanted $800.00 and it wasn't worth 50 bucks..

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pawn shop is running 50% vintage games and had these thrown into a bin at 5 dollars a piece so after the discount 10 bucks for...

The label on mario is pretty screwed up and the zelda label is a bit faded but for that price I am not going to complain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2:
    King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2
    Samurai Warriors 2
    Growlanser: Heritage of War
    Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
    Legend of the Dragon

NDS:
    Neopets: Puzzle Adventure

Wii:
    Tenchu: Shadow Assassins

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nomad w/ battery pack, the very 80s-looking "Game Sak", SFII Champion Edition, Gunstar Heroes & Sonic 2 for $19.99 at Goodwill.

Wind Waker and Pikmin-$5.99 each
    Ultima VII Part II Serpent Isle-The Silver Seed (shrinkwrapped)-$5.00

These were at the Salvation Army that has the Tron arcade cabinet, which is still there. I didn't notice before that "No discounts" is written lightly on the price tag, so it is indeed $480. At least for now...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Opened copies of The Silver Seed have sold for $40 on eBay recently. Since that one is new, I'm thinking you might be able to get $100... maybe more from international buyers. Nice find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

First true wild "find" for me in a while - and I'm LOVING it!

LE Crystal Xbox with 2 crystal controllers and all hookups - Mint condition with just a couple of minor scrapes

Found this at a Half Price Books marked as a "modified Ghost Xbox" for $34.99. The guys that took it out of the locked game cabinet told me that they couldn't figure out how to price a modded console so they just priced it the same as the regular. I love finding LE stuff that wasn't really released anywhere near Texas and lo and behold there it is!

Oh, and the best part is that I had my 15% off coupon so it was just $29.75!

WOO HOO!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    First true wild "find" for me in a while - and I'm LOVING it!

LE Crystal Xbox with 2 crystal controllers and all hookups - Mint condition with just a couple of minor scrapes

Found this at a Half Price Books marked as a "modified Ghost Xbox" for $34.99. The guys that took it out of the locked game cabinet told me that they couldn't figure out how to price a modded console so they just priced it the same as the regular. I love finding LE stuff that wasn't really released anywhere near Texas and lo and behold there it is!

Oh, and the best part is that I had my 15% off coupon so it was just $29.75!

WOO HOO!!
    That thing is pretty damned cool. I've never seen one before. I've seen the regular, the halo, and the vomit green but not the clear one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It looks like somebody ran her over in the middle of the flea market and everyone was too busy buying their Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt carts to stop and notice.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to pick up Sonic 237 from the comic shop, and on the way back stopped in at few places. I found the following:

The World Ends With You for $15.00 (Used) - The art style and music kind of reminds me of Jet Grind Radio.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition for 12.99 (Used) - Since it an ex-rental, the steel book has stickers on the front. The disc has light scratching on it too, but I haven't run into a PS3 game that didn't work yet. But I'll stop by my local game shop to test it, just in case.

I was quite surprised when I looked up the current values of the games. SW is selling for an average of $30.00, and TWENY is going for close to $40.00!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This is something I'd had loved to own since it's newer then my older pachinko machines..it had a transformer and plug.
    .......I made a promise to myself(and wife) that I will not buy things that I don't need..and only look for things to resell in my hunts..
    I know if this was cheap enough into the van it would of went.

I was reluctant to ask price after looking at the other"vintage items the vendor had up for sale..I had never seen the people before..
    I would say the way that had it displayed and with what else they had I'd not be surprised they'd want $250.00..

I also ran into a guy with an old Poker stand up arcade machine,he knew I am into Arcade machines..He is to bring the machine for me to look at and price for him ,the last guy that had one of them out there wanted $800.00 and it wasn't worth 50 bucks..
    I hear that. A month or so ago I was at a yard sale where a guy had a pretty nice vintage pachinko machine that was complete but just needed the usual required tear-down and rebuild vintage machines always require. He had another one that was cleaner that he was holding onto but brought it out for me to look at since he didn't know very much about them and I'm always up for explaining the basic setup and how the mechanisms work on the machines. Although his price was all anyone should ever pay for a vintage machine ($25) I really don't need another vintage pachinko although I'm sure the restoration would go far faster on this one than my last.

I've seen that Y&O nurse machine go for as low as $20 at a few rummage sales. (moments before I get there) While it's not an incredible machine, I like the motif and they tend to show up fairly frequently for less than fifty bucks. For that kind of money it would be impossible to pass up a working modern machine. It's actually a pretty cool machine with nice visuals and sound on the display screen.

These days when it comes to pachinko purchases I'm limiting myself to a single modern machine, CR Bunny Girl, if I'm ever fortunate enough to come across one. For years they were readily available at $225 but they've seem to become pretty scarce in the past couple years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    I was quite surprised when I looked up the current values of the games. SW is selling for an average of $30.00, and TWENY is going for close to $40.00!
    You're about two years late to the party. Not long after SW: TFU Ultimate Sith Edition came out it sold out pretty quickly. So both the 360 and PS3 editions were selling for an average of $50....used. New copies were selling for $90-$110. I know this because I found three new copies of the PS3 version and sold them for $90, $100 and $105 respectively. Used prices have finally come down to a more reasonable price and it looks like new copies have too, although the only sold ones I could find on ebay were from the UK. I don't count amazon since you can't tell whats actually selling there unless it's in your cart. But it's still a nice find, especially for that price and SW: TFU is one of my favorite games of this gen(I made sure to get every achievement and they were not easy).
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 06-26-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got these off my local kijiji 40 bucks total

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    You're about two years late to the party. Not long after SW: TFU Ultimate Sith Edition came out it sold out pretty quickly. So both the 360 and PS3 editions were selling for an average of $50....used. New copies were selling for $90-$110. I know this because I found three new copies of the PS3 version and sold them for $90, $100 and $105 respectively. Used prices have finally come down to a more reasonable price and it looks like new copies have too, although the only sold ones I could find on ebay were from the UK. I don't count amazon since you can't tell whats actually selling there unless it's in your cart. But it's still a nice find, especially for that price and SW: TFU is one of my favorite games of this gen(I made sure to get every achievement and they were not easy).
    Well I bought SW: TFU it to play, not to flip. So I don't care that the resale value has tanked.

I'm actually more surprised that TWEWY is so expensive. Maybe the cameos in Kingdom Hearts 3DS has something to do with it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    That thing is pretty damned cool. I've never seen one before. I've seen the regular, the halo, and the vomit green but not the clear one.
    Yep this has always been one of my favorites, just didn't want to pay $100 + shipping from Canada for a console and black controller so I've always passed on them on ebay.

Forgot to mention that I also found:

Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest (Genesis) complete and mint - $3.39 after coupon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Well I bought SW: TFU it to play, not to flip. So I don't care that the resale value has tanked.

I'm actually more surprised that TWEWY is so expensive. Maybe the cameos in Kingdom Hearts 3DS has something to do with it?
    I think it's a high in demand game. I've never actually seen one locally, so maybe it's rare?