Thread: Tales of Xillia 2 for Japan, and Tales of Xillia for North America!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tales of Xillia 2 for Japan, and Tales of Xillia for North America!

I'm not sure how many people on the board are fan of the Tales series, but I thought I would mention a few interesting developments.

First is the announcement of Tales of Xillia 2 in Japan. Link here: http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn...ents&fn_id=903

The second is a "surprise" for us Western Tales fans. Link here: http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn...ents&fn_id=906

I'm personally hoping they announce the localization of the first Xillia game, and Tales of Innocence R. Of course, if they do bring over these two games, I don't expect to be released until next year. That would be fine with me, I still need to buy a PS3 and beat Graces f first anyway!
    Last edited by Lady Jaye; 07-21-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm just hoping they release Xillia. I'd rather them get some better sales on one game and us actually receiving another game, maybe Xillia 2 rather than them once again blaming fans for the low sales for obvious stupid decisions by Namco themselves. Namco's expectations are usually too high in the west, by releasing two games in close proximity on two different systems then one or both of those games might sell less, especially when one is on a system most people don't have.

Bandai is the exact same way which is why it's the worst merger for the fans who don't speak or read Japanese. "Alright Gundam fans. We've heard your cries after we decided to release a lot of garbage in the mid to late PS2 lifecycle, the reason why you didn't get the better games in the series without having to import, har har har." "So we've decided to release another Gundam game to you, make sure you buy it or you're never getting sh** again." Thank you Bandai for releasing Gundam Crossfire. I mean why in the world would we want an actual good Gundam game(which you have released in the early to mid PS2 era.) Don't bother releasing amazing titles like the Gundam vs Gundam series and the Gundam Battle series(this gen) and force me to import them for not only a ridiculous price but in a language I don't understand, but thankfully have watched the animes so I know what's going on mostly.

So yeah. I'm hoping they release Xillia, but I wouldn't bet anything on it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-04-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'm just hoping they release Xillia. I'd rather them get some better sales on one game and us actually receiving another game, maybe Xillia 2 rather than them once again blaming fans for the low sales for obvious stupid decisions by Namco themselves. Namco's expectations are usually too high in the west, by releasing two games in close proximity on two different systems then one or both of those games might sell less, especially when one is on a system most people don't have.

Bandai is the exact same way which is why it's the worst merger for the fans who don't speak or read Japanese. "Alright Gundam fans. We've heard your cries after we decided to release a lot of garbage in the mid to late PS2 lifecycle, the reason why you didn't get the better games in the series without having to import, har har har." "So we've decided to release another Gundam game to you, make sure you buy it or you're never getting sh** again." Thank you Bandai for releasing Gundam Crossfire. I mean why in the world would we want an actual good Gundam game(which you have released in the early to mid PS2 era.) Don't bother releasing amazing titles like the Gundam vs Gundam series and the Gundam Battle series(this gen) and force me to import them for not only a ridiculous price but in a language I don't understand, but thankfully have watched the animes so I know what's going on mostly.

True, Namdai has made crappy localization decisions in past. But looking at their efforts for the Graces f release, it seems they are trying a bit harder to market the series over here. Heck, the game was #1 on EB Games Canada's top most wanted list before release (and #2 for a while after release), so they must have done something right!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well, it is now confirmed that Namco Bandai will release Tales of Xillia in Europe and North America in 2013. So that gives me at least a few months to pick up a PS3...

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post

We can only hope that if/when Full Boost gets its own port, that they will finally bring it over here. I've run into almost as many English speaking fans of the game as I have Japanese, playing online!

Anyways great news, much more interested in this game then Graces F and hopefully we'll get it sooner then later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woo hoo! Now I'm really glad I chose the PS3 as my next system purchase!

I would love to see some sort of special edition come out as well. (For both the US and Canada this time, Namco!) It will be the 15th anniversary of the series in NA next year, so it would be nice to have something special to celebrate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default PS3 Tales of Xillia coming to the west

Here i thought this wouldn't happen but it is.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...ed-in-the-west

I thought namcobandai was quoted befor that if tales of graces f didn't sell well in the u.s,then no to xillia.Hmmm unless it did or namcobandai listen to there fans for once.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Esquire Fox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It looks like Tales of Graces f sold around 200k copies stateside, a little over half of the sales in Japan:
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/46451/tales-of-graces-f/

Of course, this is actually a re-release in Japan, since they already had the Wii version.
    Oddly enough though, the Wii version originally sold only 200k copies in Japan.
    So I guess the sales stateside are actually pretty good.

I've been a fan of the series since Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube.
    Probably played through that game at least 3 times with my little brother.
    Since then, we've made a tradition of playing through each new iteration together (except Tales of Legendia...)
    I look forward to the localization of Tales of Xillia, and hopefully its sequel as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Merged the threads, and modified the title so that it reflects more closely the updated news about Tales of Xillia's release here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Bumpety-doo! In the thread about the CE for Tales of Xillia, I wrote that I was on the fence.

Well, I did give in to the game last week and found a complete LE copy for $40 on Kijiji (the Canadian Craigslist), including the unused DLC code for the costumes, the artbook in perfect shape and the music CD still sealed. I also picked up a free preview of the French edition of the manga about Milla.

I gotta say that I love the game so far. Unless my opinion change later on, I think that I will add Tales of Xillia 2 when it comes out next year.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As if my backlog wasn't enough, I took a chance and got Tales of Xillia earlier this month. I'm loving it so far, quite a bit in fact. It doesn't have the deepest story, or the prettiest graphics, but it's fun! Any game that I can just kick back and have fun with is a winner in my book. Maybe I can tackle some of that backlog before Xillia 2 comes out.