Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Default Nintendo's E3 2012 Official Thread

Nintendo has already done their pre E3 announcement video, but they still have their keynote on Tuesday. Please keep the Nintendo E3 conversations here!
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Nintendo has already done their pre E3 announcement video, but they still have their keynote on Tuesday. Please keep the Nintendo E3 conversations here!
    I hope they can save E3 because so far it's a giant flop of failure

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    I hope they can save E3 because so far it's a giant flop of failure
    Well, its the final year of the generation. It's not surprising that there isn't much but sequels and rehashes on offer.

I also wonder what value E3 has other than selling to retail buyers, which is, hey! what E3 is actually for. Publishers and developers can reach the gaming audience any time they want now: Twitter, YouTube videos, blogs, ARGs, podcasts... there are much more efficient ways for marketers to display their goods.

Maybe next year we'll see the new boxes from Microsoft and Sony, and some games that take advantage of the new hardware, but I think we're just as likely to see the reveals on G4 or MTV.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 06-05-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I most wanna see if the 3DS XL rumors turn out to be true.

I really like the 3DS but the more I use it the less comfortable it is. I think a lot of the problems I have with they system could be remedied by simply making a bigger model. That and having a larger 3D screen "could" mean that the 3D effect has a larger viewing angle which would be great since a lot of the games gyro-styled targeting kills the 3D effect for me.

Outside of that generally more info about the WiiU would be great, it seems that Nintendo is really reaching out to third parties this time around and I'ed like to see what they reveal this time.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Super Mario U announced, that's all I need to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I never cared for the graphical style they used in New Super Mario Brothers (Or the background music for that matter). Much more like the way this Wii U release appears in these shots with all the details. Doesn't look like a cheap budget release anymore and looks much more in line with how I pictured how a modern sidescrolling Mario title in the style of things like SMB3/SMW should look on modern hardware.

Hope they give the audio a makeover while they're at it. Not a single memorable song in either NSMB.

And NSMB2 on the 3DS looks set to maintain the styling they've set on the previous two games.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Super Mario U announced, that's all I need to know.
    It was already confirmed.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-05-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've gotta say that Nintendo did a good job of selling me on the WiiU. I'm actually excited to use the controller and it seems like a very natural extension of the Wii brand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lego City actually looks awesome- humorous and great graphics. I'm looking forward to that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait to play old Xbox 360 games on Wii U with a knock off 360 controller. I'll have to save up to buy the 500 Mario titles they announced, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to play since I'll be too busy immersed in the wonder that is Nintendo Land.

This system will certainly test the mettle of many a Nintendo fanboy...
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

So far the only Wii U games I want are Mario U and Pikmin 3, but that's not enough to warrant a $300 or $400 purchase. Boring conference this year. Nothing else to say.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was very disappointed that they didn't show a "legit" Nintendo game besides Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3 does look very cool, but it's not going to make me pull $300 out of my wallet. I needed to see a real Mario game. Yeah, they had New Super Mario Bros. U, but the game just looked way too much like the Wii version. It kinda seemed like a rush job, just to get a Mario game on Wii U, but not the kind of Mario game that's going to get somebody to shell out 350 bucks (for system + game). At least not me. I would need like a Mario Galaxy game or an all-new 2D Mario that is more centered on a single player experience, with more next-level graphics. Honestly, if you put the Wii version right next to the Wii U version, I don't think there is that much of a difference. Obviously, it's a resolution difference, but for some reason I was expecting more than that.

Also, if Nintendo showed at least one other traditional Nintendo game, I would have probably been cool with it, but they didn't. No Zelda, no Metroid, no Donkey Kong, no F-Zero, no WaveRace, Starfox, Kirby, Pilotwings etc, etc. As cool as Pikmin 3 and Zombie U look, they aren't going to get me to pull $400 out of my pocket.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Also, if Nintendo showed at least one other traditional Nintendo game, I would have probably been cool with it, but they didn't. No Zelda, no Metroid, no Donkey Kong, no F-Zero, no WaveRace, Starfox, Kirby, Pilotwings etc, etc. As cool as Pikmin 3 and Zombie U look, they aren't going to get me to pull $400 out of my pocket.
    Heck, we didn't get a opening price or even a retail date for that matter, no bigger bullhorn than E3. I know, I know they say they wouldn't but this left more questions than answers. It didn't feel like a real Nintendo conference, it was more like Reggie was saying "YES! YES! WE HAVE 3RD PARTY SUPPORT! wiifit. PLZ LIKE US HARDCORE GAMERZ! nintendoland. PLZ! PLZ! PLZ!" The fact they have a separate event for 3DS alone shows what should have been they're best clear-cut media event to hype-launch both their new systems for battleground '12 (Christmas) turned into a potential confusing, tepid, and underwhelming kissassia affair with mixed results. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the games but I agree with WCP, there's room for more....A LOT more.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really pissed that Rayman Legends is apparently a Wii U exclusive. Why, Ubisoft?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just watched the show and although this year wasn't the greatest overall E3 as far as press conferences are concerned, Nintendo's was really lackluster. All I wanted was a reason for them to sell me on the Wii U. Instead we got looks at the usual legacy first party titles and mostly third party hand-me-downs from last gen(once the Wii U launches they'll be last gen). Is it just me or does this look like the Wii all over again? The only two games that interested me were the Castelvania: LOS 3DS game and Zombie U(although I really hope they change that title). Everything else was very blah to me and I was pretty disappointed by this confernce. I knew we weren't going to get a price or release date but frankly that doesn't even matter now because I have no real incentive to want this system anytime soon while I still have my 360, PS3 and Wii to game on.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    I most wanna see if the 3DS XL rumors turn out to be true.

I really like the 3DS but the more I use it the less comfortable it is. I think a lot of the problems I have with they system could be remedied by simply making a bigger model. That and having a larger 3D screen "could" mean that the 3D effect has a larger viewing angle which would be great since a lot of the games gyro-styled targeting kills the 3D effect for me.

Outside of that generally more info about the WiiU would be great, it seems that Nintendo is really reaching out to third parties this time around and I'ed like to see what they reveal this time.
    I was hoping for this too! Too bad the rumors were false. Maybe next year!
    My Arcade Collection - http://www.ggdb.com/Collectors/ViewMember.aspx?mid=394
    Southern California Classic Collectors (SC3) - http://www.sc3videogames.com/
    3DS: 5370-0932-2395
    Wii U: SysOp Miiverse: The_MCP
    PSN: shertz

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I just watched the show and although this year wasn't the greatest overall E3 as far as press conferences are concerned, Nintendo's was really lackluster. All I wanted was a reason for them to sell me on the Wii U. Instead we got looks at the usual legacy first party titles and mostly third party hand-me-downs from last gen(once the Wii U launches they'll be last gen). Is it just me or does this look like the Wii all over again? The only two games that interested me were the Castelvania: LOS 3DS game and Zombie U(although I really hope they change that title). Everything else was very blah to me and I was pretty disappointed by this confernce. I knew we weren't going to get a price or release date but frankly that doesn't even matter now because I have no real incentive to want this system anytime soon while I still have my 360, PS3 and Wii to game on.
    I guess I don't really know what people were expecting. With Sony and Microsoft likely launching their next generation consoles in 2013, it is very unlikely that any third parties are going to reveal their next generation stuff right now, even if it will be on Wii U as well as the other two platforms. As such, Nintendo is basically stuck with whatever they can show which right now is going to be current generation stuff with some enhancements. Similarly, Nintendo has historically taken the approach of waiting until closer to launch to reveal pricing, availability dates and first party launch software. Personally, I saw enough to convince me that this is going to be a really fun console with some neat first party software and hopefully some innovative third party stuff that uses the gamepad. Is it enough? For me it was and at least they didn't focus most of the time on exercise applications, streaming media, communication gimmicks and other junk I have little or no interest in using.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    As such, Nintendo is basically stuck with whatever they can show which right now is going to be current generation stuff with some enhancements.
    The 360 got launched first this gen and because of that received exclusives such as Dead Rising and Lost Planet(among others) just because they were the first to launch. Lost Planet later got ported to the PS3 so I don't see why a similiar situation couldn't happen with Wii U. You seem to basically be saying "nobody wants to reveal a next gen game on the Wii U first because it will be showing off a next gen game before Sony or Microsoft launches their systems". I don't really buy that because the title could most likely just be ported to the other systems or stay exclusive to the Wii U.

Personally, I saw enough to convince me that this is going to be a really fun console with some neat first party software and hopefully some innovative third party stuff that uses the gamepad. Is it enough? For me it was
    And for me it wasn't.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I never cared for the graphical style they used in New Super Mario Brothers (Or the background music for that matter). Much more like the way this Wii U release appears in these shots with all the details. Doesn't look like a cheap budget release anymore and looks much more in line with how I pictured how a modern sidescrolling Mario title in the style of things like SMB3/SMW should look on modern hardware.
    Agreed. I have always found the NSMB games to look almost like plastic. This version looks considerably better and more artistic and cartoon-like, which is how I've felt Mario should be.

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    This and more of this. Really, Nintendo games are the main reason I invest in their home console and so far those are slim pickins. Sure you don't need all of these announced, especially the big guns, but give me some more games that can be played in short bursts. Titles like WaveRace, or even a new 1080, would be great compliments to Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros. Then give us glimspes of what's to come (3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc...).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, Microsoft was also throwing around a lot of money in the early 360 days to get timed exclusives. Nintendo is apparently unwilling or unable to do the same thing with WiiU and given the fact that the overwhelming majority of million selling titles on Wii were first party, I kinda doubt most developers are looking to make their own WiiU exclusive commitment. I would suspect they also won't do so on the new Xbox or PS with the exception of a few very specific smaller developers that need support from the manufacturer/publisher and will become defacto first party studios. If there really is performance parity or something close to it between the WiiU and the next generation 360 and PS, I think you are going to see a repeat of the PS2/Xbox/GC generation where many games are released on all three and the exclusives are few and far between. Frankly, the economics of the current industry will make it very difficult to do anything but support all three or at least not release many exclusives and therefore limit the potential customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    The 360 got launched first this gen and because of that received exclusives such as Dead Rising and Lost Planet(among others) just because they were the first to launch. Lost Planet later got ported to the PS3 so I don't see why a similiar situation couldn't happen with Wii U. You seem to basically be saying "nobody wants to reveal a next gen game on the Wii U first because it will be showing off a next gen game before Sony or Microsoft launches their systems". I don't really buy that because the title could most likely just be ported to the other systems or stay exclusive to the Wii U.

And for me it wasn't.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by shertz View Post
    I was hoping for this too! Too bad the rumors were false. Maybe next year!
    Thats too bad. I feel like I need to pick up another DS lite to enjoy my DS games since the d-pad is in such an awkward position on the 3DS. Indeed maybe next year.