Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nintendo's E3 2012 Official Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't watch the 3DS special but it appears theres been no mention of a redesign with the extra circle pad. I thought that was going to be the next big thing for them hardware wise. I also saw thru my Sunday circular that Pikmin 2 is finally getting a rerelease this week as part of the Wii's Nintendo Select series. Now would be a good time to sell your Gamecube versions before they start going down in price, unless you have a factory sealed one.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by shertz View Post
    I was hoping for this too! Too bad the rumors were false. Maybe next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    Thats too bad. I feel like I need to pick up another DS lite to enjoy my DS games since the d-pad is in such an awkward position on the 3DS. Indeed maybe next year.

Ha! Looks like we don't have to wait long at all.

Apparently its coming out in the states August 19 as 200 bucks a pop. However the battery life isn't that much larger then the original 3DS, with only an increase of a half hour over the original 3DS's 3-5 hours. Disappointing since it doesn't include the Circle Pad pro extra control stick and buttons. It looks kinda cheaper too in the same way the later PSP revisions had a cheaper quality about them over the original. I'ed like to hold one first to see if there is a dramatic difference but thus far I'm not to psyched about this other then it might give you a better viewing angle for the 3D effect. Kotaku Link

I'm actually probaly going to pass on this since Nyko announced their own circle pad pro recently with extended battery functionality too. They are claiming 3x the battery life and if it even does just half that then it will be 30 bucks well spent, along with the benefits of more surface area to grab and the protective clam shell design of the thing.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Those Nintendo Directs were interesting. Why didn't they show them at E3, even at the conference for the 3DS? A new Layton is exciting, as is a redesign. I think I'll get that Nyko battery pak, and not a 3DSXL. How are you supposed to use a Circle Pad Pro on one of those? The immediate demos are nice, may get Kingdom Hearts 3D now.

Shame they didn't show Animal Crossing 3DS in the North American one, but I saw some of the Japanese one. Solar panels, choosing lamp posts, trains, several parts of your town, and a different art style. Probably 2013 for NA.