Thread: A DP service wanted: Sealing a game in a blister pack

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A DP service wanted: Sealing a game in a blister pack

I know game grading is really hated, so here is my idea to sidestep the issues with it:

Is there any way for the kind folks running Digital Press to offer a game sealing service to the community?

It would be great because DP is an independent and respected group. This wouldn't be shrinkwrap, but one of those clear plastic bubbles most small things are sold in nowadays. Something like Watermelon's Pier Solar clear case comes to mind.

No grading the contents, all I would want would be the (1)Name of the Title (2)System (3)Date sealed (4) Contains: Game, manual, box, poster or SHRINKED, etc...
    That's it! Simple, and insured both ways for DP's best guess on the value. I figure it should be pretty cheap for both parties and could be priced to make it worth it for the DP staff.

This would solve my nagging fear about one set of games in particular, the last three UPC releases for the Sega Master System. The glue on these UPCs is quite old and I'm sure they're going to fall off eventually. Some of them are pretty valuable all because of the sticker based UPCs. If it falls off inside the blister pack, hey, at least it is safe from being lost. I am just wanting to keep it as complete as the day I found it.

Thoughts?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thought about this a bit over lunch....what I think I would really want is simple: those clear flexible cases that Watermelon sent Pier Solar encased in. They are thin enough to be cheap and would offer some protection and rigidity, especially for paper type boxes. It would also cover the complete libraries of the SMS, Genesis, and 32X. Heck, I would order 20-50 if they were available now. Should I start a new thread/interest list?????

Baseball cards have something similar, why not video games? They could be opened and closed so the games could still be used and would protect further shelf wear.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Box protectors already exist. There are several people who sell them on Ebay and through their websites. I have ordered from Keep Em Minty and while I don't use them on every game, I do keep my new Atari 2600 games in them if they weren't originally factory shrinkwrapped.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks for sharing the info!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any sources for SMS/Genesis clam shell box protectors then? I tried an ebay search but turned up nothing. That other seller is good for the paper boxed games so that's a great start. I'll be ordering 50 for my Genesis/32x boxes

Watermelon's shipping case is protecting my one SMS UPC code game, so it's a start. I hope Zebbe is willing to do a small run, they fit great in this case.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, some people buy the hard plastic cases that VGA uses, but I think most collectors who aren't into grading either don't use protectors on the plastic case games or use regular comic book bags and sort of do a makeshift tape job on the outside to take up the excess material.

Quote Originally Posted by ifkz View Post
    Any sources for SMS/Genesis clam shell box protectors then? I tried an ebay search but turned up nothing. That other seller is good for the paper boxed games so that's a great start. I'll be ordering 50 for my Genesis/32x boxes

Watermelon's shipping case is protecting my one SMS UPC code game, so it's a start. I hope Zebbe is willing to do a small run, they fit great in this case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ifkz View Post

I use Keep Em Minty as well : http://videogameboxprotectors.com/

Custom NES on my Genesis cardboard/32X games is a perfect fit if I remember correctly. He has larger sizes for the clamshelled games as well.

Personally I think this guy has done a great job with these protectors and I endorse them for most boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post

Custom NES on my Genesis cardboard/32X games is a perfect fit if I remember correctly. He has larger sizes for the clamshelled games as well.

Personally I think this guy has done a great job with these protectors and I endorse them for most boxes.
    You cant go wrong with box protectors. VGA grading is at least for me a sad thing.

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post

These are nice! I definitely will be picking up some for my N64 games. Thanks for the link!