Alright so it started somehow, with me watching avgn... then other nes reviewers. I don't know how but this strange effect has come on to me, and i love playing 2d rpgs, but never grew up in the 90's. Well i was born in 1994...makes me 18, but i never grew to know any nes games.

What i am asking.

I need like, a list of 10-15-20 games tops, that are at the least GOOD, hopefully addictive. and most important don't go over the 10 dollar limit, because i am tight on money, and what to get the most for less. I don't really know were to start to be honest. Games i already collected, picked up Zelda II, Dragon warrior, monster party, and thats all i have. But so far this is a strange hobby to just pick up. I have both snes and nes, idk if i got ripped or was a good deal, bought my nes for 59.99 on nintendo repair shop, came in great shape.

things to consider:
I like Rpgs
Sidescrollers are pretty cool

Your helps appreciated, btw i have really been eyeballing ultima games for the nes, but so far dragon warrior 1 is pretty repitive, it gets old quick, so idk how similiar they are in getting old quick.