Thread: Team Ninja's Hayashi says 'no plans' for Dead or Alive 5 character DLC [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Team Ninja's Hayashi says 'no plans' for Dead or Alive 5 character DLC [Joystiq]

Don't expect any supplementary character DLC for Dead or Alive 5. Depending on how you feel about Freddy Krueger surprises, this could be an important revelation.

Team Ninja head Yosuke Hayashi says there are no plans to offer post-launch character DLC in Dead or Alive 5. In fact, he thinks the practice wreaks havoc on the balance of the game - essential in any good fighter. "Even with over 20 characters that's still a real challenge," Hayashi tells Videogamer. "If we had 50, how much more time would need to balance the game? It gets that much harder to get it right, and it's already very difficult to get right."

Hayashi also doesn't like the idea of different players with different character rosters. "It's a similar thing to if certain people have all these characters and others don't. It makes it an unfair game, and we don't think that's the right way to go for fighting games."Team Ninja's Hayashi says 'no plans' for Dead or Alive 5 character DLC originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well thats refreshingly different.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I am very pleased to hear this news. I am looking forward to DOA5 very much, and I think that DLC characters are both a rip off and ruin balance. It's one thing if the next version of a game has additional characters that have been balanced in (see: the Pokemon generations) but to just shoehorn new characters in later is never a good idea. (see: dozens of versions of street fighter II)
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/