Thread: Interviews, Pictures, Video: Yestercades Red Bank & Silverball Museum Asbury Park, NJ

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Smile Interviews, Pictures, Video: Yestercades Red Bank & Silverball Museum Asbury Park, NJ

Hey all. So Rob(2600) and I ventured to the New Jersey Shore, and visited the Yestercades Arcade in Red Bank, NJ (yestercades.com), as well as the Silverball Pinball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ (silverballmuseum.com). We got a few interviews, and discussed the joints on our podcast, The Paunch Stevenson Show. We also visited the Jay and Silent Bob comic book store.

Just a brief review on my part. I loved both places, they are inexpensive to visit, no quarters needed, and the games work very well. I am not a huge pinball guy, but I found Silverball to be amazing. The sheer number of games was amazing. I had the most fun though playing the old mechanical bowling game from the 50's, and the old electromechanical light gun games! Yestercades has over 70 arcade machines, and 16 or so pinball machines. They also have almost every console system released in the US! Boardgames too. Now we've been to the Barcade's in Brooklyn and Jersey City, and they have a great selection of classic games, but most are pre-crash. Yestercades has a great selection from our childhood, late 80's early 90's. Granted the cabinets are sometimes no longer in pristine condition, but they all worked great, and we had a great time. This was the first retro arcade we've been to that truly recaptures the small strip mall style arcades of our youth. You will not be disappointed there, and the owner Ken is a hardcore classic gamer.

Listen to Episode 197 and enjoy!

Pictures and Videos taken from Yestercades Arcade in Red Bank, NJ:
    Flickr – Yestercades, Red Bank, NJ 5/25/2012

You Tube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tus5ILpfWGk

Pictures and Videos taken from Silverball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ:
    Flickr – Silverball Museum, Asbury Park, NJ 5/25/2012

You Tube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ0VyI5keHA

PS: For our Barcade Jersey City Review go here: Episode 177
    Flickr – Barcade, Jersey City, NJ 8/20/11

*Apologies for having to look at our dumb mugs in some of these photos!
    Last edited by Greg2600; 06-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both of these places are fantastic! I'm looking forward to going back to Silverball and Yestercades soon.

I liked the Flashbacks retro arcade on the Seaside boardwalk, but it was small and a little trashy. There's a sense of pride and passion in Silverball and Yestercades that is missing from Flashbacks.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 07-21-2012 at 02:58 PM.