As a gamer my Xbox 360 just has not proved satisfactory. Don't get me wrong I love Rock Band and my Kinect games but as for normal run-of-the-mill controller based games I just don't see the fun. I love game systems like Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, PS1, and N64 for consoles so I just assumed I was a "Retro Gamer." But then I discovered I was in love with PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox original, so I knew I was a gamer for all decades and the only console I didn't like as much anymore was my Xbox 360. I thought then that I just would have to see If a new console came out, when at gamestop yesterday with my friend I spot a PS3. I remembered my friends telling me post-Xbox 360 purchase, that the PS3 was the way to go. I of course thought it was filled with games similar to Xbox 360 (First person shooters without a light gun? No thank you.) so I never played one until yesterday. I tried out a Ratchet and Clank demo (A PS3 exclusive) remembering how much I loved the PS2 versions. It was up to four players which was very appealing, so my friend an I played through it and beat the demo like 3 times. We were in love with the game and wondered if the PS3 had more awesome games to offer. I tried Uncharted 3 and loved the split second button pressing mayhem and state of the art Blu-ray graphics. I was surprised the PS3 wasn't chock full of FPS's like the 360. Then I started to see FPS's and I started to lose hope... But suddenly I saw they could be played with an AWESOME LOOKING LIGHT GUN!!! I LOVE light gun games, so this definitely held my interest. All that, plus PS2 and PS1 backwards compatability? It seemed too good to be true, but after some research, it seemed as a saw it.

So after reading that, you probably have guessed my question. Is it worth it to get a PS3 at this point in it's lifespan? Will a PS4 come out soon with backwards compatability? Should I wait, or get the PS3? I ask beacause my 15th birthday is in July, and a PS3 seems like a perfect Birthday present.