Thread: Busting out Pokemon Silver again, who do you start with and why?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Busting out Pokemon Silver again, who do you start with and why?

Lookin' to talk Pokemon. Also what is your favorite Pokemon game?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retrogamesCO View Post
    Also what is your favorite Pokemon game?
    Blue. Because after that, I feel like I'm playing the same game over and over again with Pokemon that get even more ridiculous the later the release.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the years I've played the games I've never started with a grass Pokemon. That being said I haven't played Leaf Green yet so that may change soon enough.

Ask for favorite, the originals will always have a place in my heart but my favorite of all time is Crystal Version. Reason being, you can play as Kris, and well the female characters always have more personality than the male characters in my opinion. Also in a way Crystal had just a little bit more than Gold & Silver. Animations, town & route label pop ups, a few extras here and there and who can forget Suicune one of my favorite legends.

Generation II game wise I would have to say are my all time favorites since you can return to Kanto once you beat Johto and relive the earlier games in a new way. And of course the day & night system, that was a huge leap in gameplay. Just playing the game around 2AM with a worm light and seeing that your Pokemon are in the dark with the towns as well added to the appeal of that generation.

Now, I have played the remake SoulSilver, and damn Nintendo got it right, it was like my childhood all over again and I enjoyed all the new things they included.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Crystal is my favourite, the two regions being accessible it's basically twice the game time, and IMO it's from the era when the cartoon was at it's best too.

As for starters, I always pick the fire one. Sometimes I don't even do it intentionally, it's just that the fire types appeal to me the most. One time I took a grass type (in Diamond) and I regretted it the whole game. Never ended up using the poor bastard past the first gym. The pokemon games have pretty basic battle systems and it's all about the attack power, the grass types and their weak attacks just don't make for very good battling. I never tried a water type, though I've been meaning to play one of the original games with a squirtle, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Picked Typhosion on my first playthrough, mostly because that's what I did for the first game I had gotten in the previous generation (and I've been doing that since). I'm a big fan of the second gen games. Things got to muddled with unnecessary (yet, admittedly fun) crap.