Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rarest gaming item you own?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

My CIB SG-1000 II, my Sega CDX, or Dig Dug for Intellivision. One of those three.
    Real collectors drive Hondas, Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc... not Rolls Royces.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damaniel View Post
    Mine are probably Little Samson and the Caltron 6-in-1 for the NES, and Jack Bros for the Virtual Boy. I have lots of stuff that's on the more expensive side (Popful Mail and the other Working Designs Sega CD games, Dracula X: Rondo of Blood, etc), but none of those are really ultra-rare. I won't have them for long, though -- they're all up for auction.

I also have a sealed US copy of Limbo of the Lost for the PC - if you don't remember, it's that game that got busted for plagiarizing a bunch of image assets from other games a couple years ago. Tri-Synergy (the US publisher) pulled it from the market after less than one day, and only one online store ever sold it. I've *never* seen a copy for sale on eBay (unlike the European version, which is dirt common), but I don't know if it's even worth all that much. Regardless, I still think it counts as rare.
    Just looked up that game and the drama surrounding it, they had to have tried to plagiarize that much.

Rarest item? Probably my Amiga 3000 and 4000. I really don't use them as often as I should, too much of a pain to setup and run stuff. Maybe I should trade it, or install a new OS by removing the HDD.