Thread: New releases / Repros @ CGE12?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New releases / Repros @ CGE12?

As the title states, what can we expect as far as new homebrews and repros? I know 2010 CGE saw the release of Halo 2600 and I think the first reproduction release of Bio Force Ape NES happened there, too. Any new or "new to us" titles to look forward to this year?

Insert Coin (Level 0) RetroGaming Roundup's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Creepy View Post
    As the title states, what can we expect as far as new homebrews and repros? I know 2010 CGE saw the release of Halo 2600 and I think the first reproduction release of Bio Force Ape NES happened there, too. Any new or "new to us" titles to look forward to this year?
    Funny you should ask, the July RetroGaming Roundup interview covers that exact topic; http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/sh...49_2012.06.htm

And we are hinting; wink wink, that we might be launching our own game at CGE 2013
    Check out our show at www.RetroGamingRoundup.com

We LOVE CGE

Classic Game Developer revivalstudios's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Although i won't be attending myself i will have GoodDealGames carry a few of my latest homebrew releases:

Debuting at CGexpo 2012 for the Magnavox Odyssey 2: BRAND NEW RELEASE:
    Mage: The Enchanted Crystals (starring Wizzy, the son of the wizard of odyssey).
    Order form, 10 copies available at CGExpo (GDG stand).
    Check out the trailer below:

Magnavox Odyssey2 - Existing releases - Astrododge (2011), Mayhem (2012) and Colorclash (2012).
    For trailers and more information, check out the videopac section of my website at: http://www.revival-studios.com

Vectrex - Existing releases - Debris Revisited, Colorclash Slim, 3D scape cart, Vectoblox, V-Hockey, Shifted
    For more information, check out the vectrex section of my website at: http://www.revival-studios.com

Sega SG-1000 - Preview+productdemo+preorder for the first new/original game release for this platform in 30+ years.
    Colecovision - Trailer+preorder for one of my upcoming games for this platform.

I wish i could attend myself, but since i live in europe it will be a big/expensive trip for me. With many new homebrew releases coming up in the following months, i hope to be able to attend myself next year with some cool new releases!

Kind regards,

Martijn (revival studios)
    Last edited by revivalstudios; 08-07-2012 at 02:47 AM.
    http://www.revival-studios.com - Classic game development for Vectrex , Videopac / Odyssey2 , Atari 2600 , Colecovision , MSX , NeoGeo , Sega SG-1000 , Sega Dreamcast and more...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by revivalstudios View Post
    Sega SG-1000 - Preview+productdemo+preorder for the first new/original game release for this platform in 30+ years.
    Ooh, very intriguing! I hope you'll be making a version available that's compatible with non-Japanese SMS hardware? As I'm sure you know, the SMS can play any SG-1000 title via flashcart, but the released games need a bootloader or BIOS replacement since none of them have the header necessary to boot on US/EU hardware. But if your game includes the header, then an appropriate JP > US adapter would enable it to run just fine on anyone's SMS.

(Of course, that won't resolve the palette issue, but...)

Classic Game Developer revivalstudios's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Updated the post with some additional info and a trailer for Mage: The Enchanted Crystals.
    Footage taken from the European version. Magnavox Odyssey2 game is exactly the same game, with thevoice support and all the cool color effects, but without the stone-tiles in the background.
    http://www.revival-studios.com - Classic game development for Vectrex , Videopac / Odyssey2 , Atari 2600 , Colecovision , MSX , NeoGeo , Sega SG-1000 , Sega Dreamcast and more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone have a list of all new releases available at the show? Other previews?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?