Thread: Just finished watching some really good Sega Genesis videos on YouTube

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Smile Just finished watching some really good Sega Genesis videos on YouTube

These YouTube Sega Genesis videos are pretty good. It seems to be some sort of documentary that the some guy is doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCp8i...hannel&list=UL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That the some guy is Greg Sewart, a former writer for Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've seen some of these. They're basically Chrontendo without any of the personality. I found the videos to be a little too dry for my tastes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Yes, a little dry but..

The whole nostalgia thing with me really kicked in while watching these. I can remember renting a Sega Genesis being REALLY excited because I loved sega's arcade games. I could hardly wait to get a real arcade port of After Burner at home. I then was somewhat disappointed when I rented After Burner II, Space Harrier II, Thunder Blade back then and they were not perfect ports. Nostalgia has now made some of those flaws go away and I've been collecting Sega for the last 2 years. I love collecting for the Genny. These videos are cool they have been showing me a different light of The Sega Genesis that I remember from way back when.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by homerhomer View Post
    The whole nostalgia thing with me really kicked in while watching these. I can remember renting a Sega Genesis being REALLY excited because I loved sega's arcade games. I could hardly wait to get a real arcade port of After Burner at home. I then was somewhat disappointed when I rented After Burner II, Space Harrier II, Thunder Blade back then and they were not perfect ports. Nostalgia has now made some of those flaws go away and I've been collecting Sega for the last 2 years. I love collecting for the Genny. These videos are cool they have been showing me a different light of The Sega Genesis that I remember from way back when.
    "Not perfect ports"? You're far too kind. Those games are atrocious. No amount of nostalgia could make their flaws any less apparent. It's too bad you didn't get, say, Thunder Force II, Golden Axe, and Ghouls N' Ghosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default wow

realy nice : )))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not surprised this is a former EGM writer. It perpetuates the journalistic history perfectly, right down to the assertion that Arcade games didn't have enough "content" for consoles. Journalistic history has completely missed the fact that there used to be games that were easy to pick up to play but rewarding to master. A truly good Arcade game wasn't just about the high score, it was about the countless hours of play the game offered in simply discovering and mastering all of the gameplay.