Thread: Price/Info Check - Exertainment Life Cycle Bike

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Price/Info Check - Exertainment Life Cycle Bike

Can anyone give me ANY info at all on an Exertainment Life Cycle Bike w/ built in Monitor and MBR/Speed Racer games? The only stuff I can find online references to the bike setup with no monitor. It looks very much like this one:

Not this one:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got permission to take a few pics this morning. Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality. Anyone seen these models before? What would be a fair offer to make on such an item?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't know what a fair offer would be, but aren't you concerned about how smelly and disgusting that must be after at least a decade or two of use in a gym? I just can't imagine buying a used Life Cycle, collector or not. In any event, there was a thread on here in 2005 that indicated the MSRP was somewhere around $7K new and that used ones were popping up for $1250 at the time. In looking at Ebay, similar used Lifecycles without the exertainment gear go for $500-$700, so I think you're probably looking at $1K minimum.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I don't know what a fair offer would be, but aren't you concerned about how smelly and disgusting that must be after at least a decade or two of use in a gym? I just can't imagine buying a used Life Cycle, collector or not. In any event, there was a thread on here in 2005 that indicated the MSRP was somewhere around $7K new and that used ones were popping up for $1250 at the time. In looking at Ebay, similar used Lifecycles without the exertainment gear go for $500-$700, so I think you're probably looking at $1K minimum.
    Thanks for the ballpark figures, its greatly appreciated. I'm not concerned about the digusting smell. I like knowing the history of my items when possible, so it'll just be a constant reminder. Or I'll just hang several air fresheners off it at all times
    Last edited by Crabmaster2000; 07-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I don't know what a fair offer would be, but aren't you concerned about how smelly and disgusting that must be after at least a decade or two of use in a gym? I just can't imagine buying a used Life Cycle, collector or not.
    Why would it be a problem? Just make sure to clean it before using it, it can't be any worse than buying a used bicycle. I would think buying used cars or furniture would be worse, you never know if someone used those to screw in or on. Or used clothing, bed sheets, or towels at thrift stores. So many things are way worse to buy used.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Why would it be a problem? Just make sure to clean it before using it, it can't be any worse than buying a used bicycle. I would think buying used cars or furniture would be worse, you never know if someone used those to screw in or on. Or used clothing, bed sheets, or towels at thrift stores. So many things are way worse to buy used.
    Well, if it is one of my cars, you can bet on it having been used to screw in, but not on. That reminds me, my Mazda has never had sex... gonna have to rectify that.

anyway, I don't think years of use in a gym should be a concern. It probably is in better shape than if it were in someone's home. At the gym it probably gets cleaned and there isn't any soda, cheetos, etc to contaminate it. I'm sure we've all seen far worse things come from people's homes than what that would be like from the gym.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know what a fair offer would be, but aren't you concerned about how smelly and disgusting that must be after at least a decade or two of use in a gym? I just can't imagine buying a used Life Cycle, collector or not.
    This is true. You never know where a video game related item has been, or how it has been used. Take for instance this arcade stick:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	211672d1341651015-funny-strange-random-pics-070110_it_makes_no_sense_3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	5411

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Plastic gym equipment tends to retain its odor and frankly, sweat is a bodily fluid that can transmit disease. I know that gyms clean their equipment with a spray disinfectant, but I still wouldn't want it in my home. I have never purchased a used car and I certainly wouldn't buy used bed sheets or towels. Clothing can easily be cleaned with detergent and a very high temperature wash. Of course, I haven't bought used clothing either.