Thread: Best Buy Rewards Club Unlocked Members

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Best Buy Rewards Club Unlocked Members

It wasn't until The 12P mentioned it in the other thread about Best Buy rewards and seeing on their website about preorders when going online for the buy two get one free deal. The nearest Best Buy being 30 minutes away and their website isn't exactly well made for the most part I didn't look into it previously so I have a few questions.

So you have to subscribe to the @Gamer magazine to become unlocked and each magazine has some bonus' in there. You get double the points for purchasing games, and every game you preorder you get a $20 coupon for Best Buy. So here are the questions I have.

Is the $20 coupon ongoing or a weekly/monthly sale?

Also, say you buy two games get one free that are $60. Do you get 240 points since the third game is $0.00 or 360 since it was originally $60?
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-09-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    So you have to subscribe to the @Gamer magazine to become unlocked
    Because I was already a rewards member and gamers club member(both are free) I was given a free subscription to @Gamer magazine. And I guess because I'm a premiere member they extended it for another free year. You should go sign up to be a member of the reward zone and gamers club first and see if they offer you a free subscription. If not then just pay the $14.99 as it's well worth it. To give you an example of some of the deals I have gotten with their coupons:

Splinter Cell Conviction(360) $5
    Mass Effect 2(360) $5
    Rage(360) $5
    Bulletstorm(360) $5
    Resistance 3(PS3) $10
    God of War: Origin Collection(PS3) $15

Is the $20 coupon ongoing or a weekly/monthly sale?
    It is one of their current offers and will continue thruout the year with the titles listed here. You can also use that offer in conjunction with other offers. For instance, I'm going to use this offer to get a $20 certificate for preordering Halo 4. I'm also using it with this offer to get an extra $10 certificate. Best Buy is awesome for combining deals like that. And they have different ones every month.

Also, say you buy two games get one free that are $60. Do you get 240 points since the third game is $0.00 or 360 since it was originally $60?
    You would get 240 points for being a reward zone and gamers club member, the normal 120 points for paying for two $60 games and an extra 120 points for purchasing game related merchandise.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 07-09-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks for giving me a bit more detail. I didn't realize it was $20 coupon on select titles. Looks like I'm going to be waiting on a few games to drop in price afterall. I signed up for the rewards and gamer rewards, no notification on the free magazine subscription so though, so I'll pick it up to get discounts on select games and hopefully something I'm interested in gets listed.

I'll keep look out for what good game sales they have and pick purchases up there if it's cheaper or equal instead since the rewards program through them seems really good. The in store pick up deal is good also. Helps with that buy two get one free deal since it has to be done in store(I should have done it yesterday since it was available online, but they probably had resellers purchasing everything up.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-09-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are two levels of membership for the Gamers Club as detailed here. Usually, the B2G1 offers include all members. Coupons are usually only for Unlocked members, as they are found in the magazine, but sometimes all members get awesome coupons. I got a turtle beach headset recently for $20 because of a coupon and sale going on simultaneously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98redM6 View Post
    Coupons are usually only for Unlocked members, as they are found in the magazine, but sometimes all members get awesome coupons. I got a turtle beach headset recently for $20 because of a coupon and sale going on simultaneously.
    I think this changed over time. When the magazine first came out around a year and a half ago I don't think you had to be a member to use the coupons(I could be wrong though) but for atleast the last six months you've had to be a reward zone gamers club member to use them. And yes, using the coupons in conjunction with other sales is the best way to maximize your savings. I just got this months coupons and plan on getting Street Fighter X Tekken for $10 once it goes on sale so I can use the coupons saving on top of the sales savings.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

you don't have to be a member to use the coupons from the magazine since you can buy it off the shelf from them for 5$ an issue. You do how ever have to be a member to get the preorder and other specials that are given outside of the magazine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    you don't have to be a member to use the coupons from the magazine since you can buy it off the shelf from them for 5$ an issue. You do how ever have to be a member to get the preorder and other specials that are given outside of the magazine.
    That is incorrect. Yes you can buy the magazine in the store but you have to be a rewards zone member to use them, which it not only says on the coupon page in the magazine but also on the back of the actual coupons. From the back of each coupon:

Customer: Must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club member to redeem coupon.

Cashier Instructions: Scan Reward Zone Program membership card. Scan coupon UPC. Scan qualifying product UPC(s).
    Like I said in my previous post, this has been going on for atleast the past six months but when they started I think anyone could use the coupons regardless if they were a member or not.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Correct, but you don't have to pay anything to join the program that allows you to use the coupons other than buying the $5 magazine itself. All you literally need to do is ask the cashier to enroll you in Reward Zone and the free version of the Gamer program which can also be done on-line I believe. The paid version of the Gamer program is starting to get some exclusives like coupons being mailed to them upon enrollment and a $20 RZ promo for certain pre-order games, but you don't have to be a paid member to use the magazine coupons. I know I'm not and I have used the magazine coupons for the past two months on games like Soul Caliber V and others.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    That is incorrect. Yes you can buy the magazine in the store but you have to be a rewards zone member to use them, which it not only says on the coupon page in the magazine but also on the back of the actual coupons. From the back of each coupon:

Like I said in my previous post, this has been going on for atleast the past six months but when they started I think anyone could use the coupons regardless if they were a member or not.