Thread: WTB Hori mini pad for n64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB Hori mini pad for n64

I'd like to buy a Hori n64 games but not the batshit crazy eBay prices.

Anyone else want to sell me one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Good luck man! Did we have this chat before at RB or PCEFX or S16, or was that with someone else?

The mini-pads are like $40-50 minimum EVERYWHERE outside of used shops in the Japanese countryside, so good luck. You'll need it. Best be prepared to shell out for these things.

Anyway, I should be able to get the Sapphire stuff all done this week I hope. My grandfather is doing bad, so I'll lose a few days because I have to fly across the country before the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breetai View Post
    Good luck man! Did we have this chat before at RB or PCEFX or S16, or was that with someone else?

The mini-pads are like $40-50 minimum EVERYWHERE outside of used shops in the Japanese countryside, so good luck. You'll need it. Best be prepared to shell out for these things.
    Sorry about your grandfather.

I don't think it was me you were talking with about the mini pad.

I've found out that these pads are only about $4 used in Japan - that drives me nuts! I've be happy to pay $50 shipped on a used one in great condition. The problem is that they're usually like $50 then $20 shipping
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 07-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    I've found out that these pads are only about $4 used in Japan - that drives me nuts! I've be happy to spend $40 shipped on a used one in great condition. The problem is that they're usually like $50 then $20 shipping
    Who told you they were $4 in Japan? You have sort of been misinformed.

They would only ever be $4 if you were to luck out and find them at a Hard-Off or some countryside mom&pop recycle shop or something for that price. I found maybe five like that in 4 years of very frequent searching for retro games. That's like finding a copy of FFVII here for $4. Possible, but good f'n luck! That was all at 525yen each ($7-8) in the middle of nowhere (so, add gas/train ticket money to that; bringing them to maybe $15-20 each if the trip is just for one controller). They average around $40-50 in the retro game shops in city centers. Anywhere else... maybe $25-30 at a low range if you search around quite a lot (converted prices to $$$ from 1900yen, which is the lowest I have seen on shop that has an online store).

Some shops to have online stores, like I alluded to above, but a lot of them don't accept foreign Paypal/credit cards or even ship to foreign addresses. For the ones that do.... you are looking at $50+ (depending on colour) PLUS shipping. Don't forget that a lot of online shops won't deal with non-Japanese; so you would need to use a middleman which adds another $8-10 on the price. There is always Yahoo Auctions.... but without Japanese skills, a Japanese credit card/JPN Paypal AND and address there, you still need the middleman.

That's just... reality. Then again, you are looking in the right place to get it for $40 shipped! You could luck out and find a member living in Japan who finds one for cheap and sells it on here. I sold a few like that when I was there.
    Last edited by Breetai; 07-10-2012 at 10:29 AM.