Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $1.2 Million Ultimate Games Collection [Slashdot]

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Maybe I misinterpreted the tone of your replies in this thread. It just seemed like everyone in this thread and the other two threads on this auction think it was just a publicity stunt, and your replies seemed to have the same tone.

Nobody thinks there's even a possibility that the buyer will actually follow through with it, even you said there's no buyer and there isn't a chance in hell that anyone would pay that much for it. I just took your replies to have the same tone as most of the others slamming the auction, which I found funny as it reminded me of how you listed your Blockbuster cart. Two ebay auctions or listings featuring highly desirable video games but at excessive prices, possibly just listed to drum up business to two different video game stores. If I misinterpreted that then I appologize.

I won't think it sold until I see feedback left, but I still think it's possible it's legit. I'm not sure if it was only done for publicity, I could see someone wanting so much for a large collection if it took years of work to get it to such a large size. That doesn't mean it's really worth that much but I could understand someone asking a high amount because of personal attachment.

As for my memory I just seem to remember some things really well, sometimes I've run into people I've known after several years and picked up with our previous conversation that took place years earlier even with them not remembering it. I tend to remember the Blockbuster auction because I'm into Genesis games and I'm just trying to keep track of prices for that cart. I tend to remember a lot of things well in great detail.

I don't really care what you do with your items or what you get for them when you sell them, if you manage to promote your business with them that's fine too. The only things that bothered me at the time were a few inaccuracies in your description like claiming that less than 5 copies existed when at least 6 or 7 copies were already comfirmed by that point. It was either a careless mistake or you wanted to make the game sound even rarer than it already was, but that's pretty minor overall. It was also a bit odd how you referred to yourself in that letter of authenticity as it was described in third person as how you brought it to a game store to be verified by experts, though the game store you brought it to was your own. What was it like for you to bring yourself the game to be verified? The letter didn't just verify the game to be authentic but also described how you brought it there which just seemed strange to me and unnecessary. Beyond that I really don't have a problem with it, I just wanted to keep track of selling prices so I kept track of the auction. I'm not holding anything against you or anything, I don't get overly serious with video games as it's just a hobby for me.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Maybe I misinterpreted the tone of your replies in this thread. It just seemed like everyone in this thread and the other two threads on this auction think it was just a publicity stunt, and your replies seemed to have the same tone.

Nobody thinks there's even a possibility that the buyer will actually follow through with it, even you said there's no buyer and there isn't a chance in hell that anyone would pay that much for it. I just took your replies to have the same tone as most of the others slamming the auction, which I found funny as it reminded me of how you listed your Blockbuster cart. Two ebay auctions or listings featuring highly desirable video games but at excessive prices, possibly just listed to drum up business to two different video game stores. If I misinterpreted that then I appologize.

I won't think it sold until I see feedback left, but I still think it's possible it's legit. I'm not sure if it was only done for publicity, I could see someone wanting so much for a large collection if it took years of work to get it to such a large size. That doesn't mean it's really worth that much but I could understand someone asking a high amount because of personal attachment.

As for my memory I just seem to remember some things really well, sometimes I've run into people I've known after several years and picked up with our previous conversation that took place years earlier even with them not remembering it. I tend to remember the Blockbuster auction because I'm into Genesis games and I'm just trying to keep track of prices for that cart. I tend to remember a lot of things well in great detail.

I don't really care what you do with your items or what you get for them when you sell them, if you manage to promote your business with them that's fine too. The only things that bothered me at the time were a few inaccuracies in your description like claiming that less than 5 copies existed when at least 6 or 7 copies were already comfirmed by that point. It was either a careless mistake or you wanted to make the game sound even rarer than it already was, but that's pretty minor overall. It was also a bit odd how you referred to yourself in that letter of authenticity as it was described in third person as how you brought it to a game store to be verified by experts, though the game store you brought it to was your own. What was it like for you to bring yourself the game to be verified? The letter didn't just verify the game to be authentic but also described how you brought it there which just seemed strange to me and unnecessary. Beyond that I really don't have a problem with it, I just wanted to keep track of selling prices so I kept track of the auction. I'm not holding anything against you or anything, I don't get overly serious with video games as it's just a hobby for me.

Well it sounds like you took it pretty seriously. If I stated there were less than 5 that is all I knew at the time. Not sure how 6 or 7 would be grossly inaccurate. There is no way I would know that information because I've had 2 of these myself. I just went with what I knew at the time. 5 compared to 6 or 7 does not change anything on the value and I truly had no idea.

Also, the game store letter to verify authenticity? That was an eBay thing. They made me take the auction down because they couldn't verify the game being authentic and I had to get a letter from a game store verifying authenticity.

I am NOT making that up. Of course there are so few people that have seen that cart in person that my store was really the only place that could do it, so I did per "ebay rules."

I mean, the entire duration of these posts are all misinterpretations of what you perceived to be truth but in actuality no one was showing off or had ulterior motives but yeah, eBay did that because it was a very high end item. Someone reported it to be fake so I had to do that. Gotta love eBay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Did Adol ever get paid?

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats nuts..I'd have to win the Mega Millions in order to warrant spending that kind of cash on a collection...even then..the thrill of the hunt would be taken out of the ordeal.....I love the feeling of a rare find out in the wild!
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/