Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default Valve's Best Game/Game Series

Alright with steam blowing up all over the damn place and everyone's wallets are being emptied as I type this (including my own).

I have a question to ask any valve fans here or people who atleast played and completed valve games

What do you think is the best valve game/series

Valve is known for some very well laid out stories driven in its history of epic first person shooters and awe inspiring details that other companies seem to over look sometimes.. And before I kinda pointed out in some way valves games are all apart of the same universe per say (although half life's story spans across 2 universes :P)

So what do you think?

For me its a tough call between portal and half life's series.

I mean don't get me wrong left 4 dead isn't far behind but for me its hard to call between those 2.

I think I will give the edge to the half life series.

Half Life puts you as Gordon Freeman. A doctor who works at the Black Mesa Research facility in New Mexico. Your put in to help out your fellow colleagues to create a teleportation device that could allow you to teleport anywhere at the flip of a switch. When all hell breaks loose as the teleportation device goes crazy and lets loose creatures from a alternate universe who just attack everything destroying everything at will. It is up to you to save earth and your fellow colleagues from this attack and send the aliens back to where ever they came from.

Half Life 2 takes place roughly 20 years since the black mesa incident. You as doctor freeman have been in stasis come to find the world taken over by another alien force called the combine which seek to take over the world and its inhabitants and its resources for its own good. Once again its up to you to save the world along with your friends you make along the way. and the episodes to follow are additions to continue the story.

The story of this game is just beyond amazing its just as good as any movie I have ever watched. The character development makes feel for the characters as if they were real. The details valve went through to make this game are just amazing to really seal the deal and make this game series an rightfully so award winning.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I prefer Half-Life to the sequels because Half-Life 2, despite some great levels, had those vehicle sections that just went on and on and on.

Portal was a hell of a good game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

For me it is the Half Life games also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Gotta go with Half Life. I played the original for the first time on the PS2 and didn't really care for it. Eventually got around to HL2 via The Orange Box and was hooked. Loved every minute of it, even some of the mildly frustrating parts.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I've also gotta say half-life series with HL1 over HL2.

Team Fortress 2 was close as it was one of the most fun multiplayer games I have ever played, however as soon as they started introducing all of the various items and upgrades all balance in the game was lost. If you didn't keep up with every little change then you fell behind and that somewhat ruined the game after a long absence for me.