Alright with steam blowing up all over the damn place and everyone's wallets are being emptied as I type this (including my own).

I have a question to ask any valve fans here or people who atleast played and completed valve games

What do you think is the best valve game/series

Valve is known for some very well laid out stories driven in its history of epic first person shooters and awe inspiring details that other companies seem to over look sometimes.. And before I kinda pointed out in some way valves games are all apart of the same universe per say (although half life's story spans across 2 universes :P)

So what do you think?

For me its a tough call between portal and half life's series.

I mean don't get me wrong left 4 dead isn't far behind but for me its hard to call between those 2.

I think I will give the edge to the half life series.

Half Life puts you as Gordon Freeman. A doctor who works at the Black Mesa Research facility in New Mexico. Your put in to help out your fellow colleagues to create a teleportation device that could allow you to teleport anywhere at the flip of a switch. When all hell breaks loose as the teleportation device goes crazy and lets loose creatures from a alternate universe who just attack everything destroying everything at will. It is up to you to save earth and your fellow colleagues from this attack and send the aliens back to where ever they came from.

Half Life 2 takes place roughly 20 years since the black mesa incident. You as doctor freeman have been in stasis come to find the world taken over by another alien force called the combine which seek to take over the world and its inhabitants and its resources for its own good. Once again its up to you to save the world along with your friends you make along the way. and the episodes to follow are additions to continue the story.

The story of this game is just beyond amazing its just as good as any movie I have ever watched. The character development makes feel for the characters as if they were real. The details valve went through to make this game are just amazing to really seal the deal and make this game series an rightfully so award winning.