Thread: Is there a trade and barter forum? If not, how can we start one?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is there a trade and barter forum? If not, how can we start one?

My paperclip experiment trades got me thinking and reminiscing.

When i was a kid, we grew up dirt poor. So the only way i got stuff was through bottles, odd jobs, and trades.

I had forgotten till now, but my first trade jogged my memory bank and i recalled some long lost memories. My friends used to call me the trade king- and for good reason. I remember the first big move i did was trade for phantasy star for the sms. In order to get a mint copy, i had to cut school, and trade multiple genesis carts for it. that's right, i saw my friend play ps2, and i knew i had to get the first game before i could play part two.

i traded this dude like 3 genesis games and some comics! anyway, once i got it i was on cloud nine. the kid didn't want to part with that game, so he drove a hard bargain.

after it was mine, i then realized i needed a sega master system to play it, so again i traded for it.
    long story short i traded for the snes, and genesis again, and i traded both of those and some games for an Amiga! I traded the amiga for a ps1 on and on. i also traded pc parts, stero parts, car parts. whatever i could get my hands on for video game stuff. this is all pre ebay. also, we all remember being kids and bringing in games, and transformers to school and trading them for other games and toys. it was simple, quick and effective. i haven't traded a game for a long time, i really want to rotate some of the games i have for something new.

back to today. i hate EBAY. With their 10% fees, fees on shipping, another 3% (or more) fees on paypal, and all these stupid listing fees. they just reported record profits, on our blood no less.

So here is my point:
    i want to start a trade and barter forum, not related to my paperclip experiment.
    is there a trade and barter section on this site? should i start a channel on youtube for this? where should i go for maximum exposure.

right now i am looking on ebay for a video capture deivce. i want to record video from my xbox and snes to a usb laptop to post on a youtube channel. i am willing to trade super mario all stars, and turtles in time, super famicom version for it. Now i could sell my carts on ebay, and take that cash and purchase a video recording device- or i can barter for it. i think barter is the way to go- so evil ebay doesn't take a huge cut for doing nothing.

what do you guys think? i have a ton of other things i want to trade for as well. where is the proper place to start this?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The Buying and Selling forum in the Marketplace section. It's not immediately open to people when they first register (to prevent spam, scams, etc.), so you may not have access to it just yet. Trading is just as welcome as cash transactions.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^ What she said. Stick around for awhile, and all will be revealed.