Thread: Need help identifying song

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need help identifying song

** Link removed by Mod**
    No idea if it's from a classic or modern game, any pointers are appreciated.

**NOTE FROM MOD**

Please find a YouTube or something that stream plays the song. Heck, set a background image, record the song playing an upload to YouTube. First post by a random user + fileuploader site can = very bad things.
    Last edited by PapaStu; 07-21-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Upload dump site + first post = try again in safer format.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Shit, I clicked on this and it just flashed and went nowhere. Did I infect myself with something?

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Link removed.

PLEASE find another method to get this song to us. Preferably something that doesn't require a download.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    Link removed.

PLEASE find another method to get this song to us. Preferably something that doesn't require a download.
    Oh my God...

I know this is the non-retro gaming subforum on your retrogaming forum but you guys are retrogamers, are you not? By that I'll assume you're not a bunch of children who signed up on an internet site to announce you're a gamer because the public decided being a dork is now cool and you wanna impress your class buddies. You've been here before the days of YouTube, when only nerds used the net, so I'll assume you're aware that a .WAV file even if it contained virus code in its content could not possibly infect your computer unless you change the extension to .EXE. Right?

Sendspace is a popular upload site, I'll upload to another one or even upload right here if that suits you better. Also, even if I uploaded to YouTube, you would still be "downloading" that same wav autoconverted to YouTube's shitty low-bitrate lossy codec, this time all controlled by the evil script-filled Java which would fail to give you the file should you disable scripts. Hell, this is why I don't often use YouTube. Glad to know I'm not the most paranoid mofo out there now. *s*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

For me, it didn't even try to download a file. As soon as I clicked the link, a new tab tried to open in Firefox then closed immediately without downloading anything. That's why I was (and still am) a bit concerned about what I clicked.

But way to insult an entire community on post number 2. Maybe you'd be more comfortable someplace else.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Xpenguin17 View Post
    Oh my God...

I know this is the non-retro gaming subforum on your retrogaming forum but you guys are retrogamers, are you not? By that I'll assume you're not a bunch of children who signed up on an internet site to announce you're a gamer because the public decided being a dork is now cool and you wanna impress your class buddies. You've been here before the days of YouTube, when only nerds used the net, so I'll assume you're aware that a .WAV file even if it contained virus code in its content could not possibly infect your computer unless you change the extension to .EXE. Right?

Sendspace is a popular upload site, I'll upload to another one or even upload right here if that suits you better. Also, even if I uploaded to YouTube, you would still be "downloading" that same wav autoconverted to YouTube's shitty low-bitrate lossy codec, this time all controlled by the evil script-filled Java which would fail to give you the file should you disable scripts. Hell, this is why I don't often use YouTube. Glad to know I'm not the most paranoid mofo out there now. *s*

You know what I meant regarding a download. A BRAND NEW user creates an account and sends people to a file dump site to DL a 'song'. We don't know what it is. I'm protecting our user base and removing a link from something that could be malicious. I wouldn't know that it's a WAV unless I downloaded it. Something I wasn't planning on doing. Tossing it up on something like YouTube at least is in a format that isn't going to be potentially dumping some kind of trojan on people clicking that link. Oh noes, it's going to be lossy! It isn't going to lose enough quality to not be discernible even on YouTube. Shit, better convert it to FLAC and get a 1000 PlayStation and hook it up to my fancy audio system so I can properly experience the sound without being affected by a lossy YouTube codec.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what I meant regarding a download. A BRAND NEW user creates an account and sends people to a file dump site to DL a 'song'. We don't know what it is. I'm protecting our user base and removing a link from something that could be malicious. I wouldn't know that it's a WAV unless I downloaded it.
    Or you could like any computer-literate person click 'download link' where it will bring up a preview box with all the metadata and ask "Are you sure you want to download file.wav?" Should you see the extension being .exe you can always click cancel. Durr.

Tossing it up on something like YouTube at least is in a format that isn't going to be potentially dumping some kind of trojan on people clicking that link.
    Umm, you're talking to a former botnet operator. Most of the people I grabbed was via java driveby on YouTube that infected people upon confirming the fake "Java update" message they get every time they tried to view one of my videos. If you're that fucking paranoid, I suggest you stop using YouTube. It's a haven for script kiddies and other pimple-faced fucks who think getting some nobody's Facebook pass is kewwl.

Would y'all still feel comfortable and cozy inside your shell if I uploaded the WAV here as an attachment? It appears it doesn't accept WAV or MP3. Should I zip it or are those potential viruses too? How about just renaming the extension?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Xpenguin17 View Post
    Would y'all still feel comfortable and cozy inside your shell if I uploaded the WAV here as an attachment?
    Actually, we'd feel more comfortable and cozy if you'd stop being such a pretentious dick.

By the way, smart idea logging into a forum for the first time and immediately insulting one of the moderators.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

not defending his attitude, but I did download and listen to the .wav file. Not sayings not infected but as of right now I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

This guy is a dick

Life!? ... What console is that on?