Thread: Any advice on where I can get a PS1 Playstick?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Any advice on where I can get a PS1 Playstick?

I'm looking for one of these and having not much luck...

http://www.lulays.com/jr/images/zpro...nplaystick.gif

I've checked Ebay and Gametz, but no one seems to have one to trade or sell. Maybe someone might have one here?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow, no response. . . Do any of you own one of these? The tall joystick add-on that it comes packaged with is great for controlling classic 1980's games on your PS1 classic collection discs (ie. Pac Man or Rally X on Namco Museum). It also comes with an N64-like disc thumbpad that feels great on D-pad controlled games like Wipeout, Wipeout XL, or Destruction Derby 1 and 2. The "shovel" add-on is unique and might be preferred by some for racing games.

Back in '98 or '99 I bought this at Electronics Boutique, and eventually modded it back in 1999 to work with a Dual Shock controller (as opposed to the original PS1 digital controller for which it was designed for). It's functional on my Dual Shock 3, but looks like a ghetto do-it-yourself project. Anyway, I am looking for one that's in its original form.

By the way, the stretchy strap that originally came with mine broke due to the effects of old age, so I bought a stretchy dish washing glove and cut out a replacement strap which has worked very effectively

Do any of you remember the Playstick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is unique, but maybe a little ridiculous? If you are trying to get if just for the Joystick control aspect of pre duel shock games, a couple of other options.

1. Arcade Stick
    2. PS1 Flightstick
    3. Barracuda 1 or 2
    4. Performance Duel Impact (Mode slide switch)

All of these emulate the DPad with the sticks.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

are you kidding me? i just did a quick google search and literally the first page i clicked had one for sale

http://sti-experience.com/vconline/i...playstick.html

lol i almost bought it just for the hell of it, but if this is there last one, i didnt want to fuck you over being as you would most likely actually use and appreciate it so there you go,
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Insert Coin (Level 0) scaleworm's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    are you kidding me? i just did a quick google search and literally the first page i clicked had one for sale

http://sti-experience.com/vconline/i...playstick.html

lol i almost bought it just for the hell of it, but if this is there last one, i didnt want to fuck you over being as you would most likely actually use and appreciate it so there you go,
    That was/is kind of you. :-)
    Game on!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

CRT Gamer,

Yeah, I know there are PS1 controllers that let you use the analog thumbstick for control on D-pad games. . . and I know about big joysticks which can also be alternatively be used. I like the PlayStick, though, because it's compact and gives my original PS1 digital controller a unique reason to get plugged in every once in a while Also, there's something to be said for a joystick that clicks into up, down, left, and right positions, though, when it comes to playing certain classic videogames, and no Barracuda stick is gonna do that. The Playstick has these advantages for classic gamers who want to play arcade-perfect joystick games.

Laughingman.S9- I typed in 'Playstation Playstick' as well as 'Z-Products Playstick' into Google and that page you found doesn't appear in my search (at least in the first four pages). Guess you used some other search words that work better. . . Anyway, thanks for the link. Go ahead and get yourself one- it's a pretty rare collectible.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by ave1 View Post
    CRT Gamer,

Yeah, I know there are PS1 controllers that let you use the analog thumbstick for control on D-pad games. . . and I know about big joysticks which can also be alternatively be used. I like the PlayStick, though, because it's compact and gives my original PS1 digital controller a unique reason to get plugged in every once in a while Also, there's something to be said for a joystick that clicks into up, down, left, and right positions, though, when it comes to playing certain classic videogames, and no Barracuda stick is gonna do that. The Playstick has these advantages for classic gamers who want to play arcade-perfect joystick games.

Laughingman.S9- I typed in 'Playstation Playstick' as well as 'Z-Products Playstick' into Google and that page you found doesn't appear in my search (at least in the first four pages). Guess you used some other search words that work better. . . Anyway, thanks for the link. Go ahead and get yourself one- it's a pretty rare collectible.
    Google search results actually vary from computer to computer. They use some weird algorithm that customized the search results for each according to your searching habits.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enmity View Post
    Google search results actually vary from computer to computer. They use some weird algorithm that customized the search results for each according to your searching habits.
    I guess I got the crap algorithm...

Is there some sort of way to get Google to go another route on an unsuccessful search?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

I guess I got the crap algorithm...

Is there some sort of way to get Google to go another route on an unsuccessful search?
    Yahoo? I don't know I've never had an issue finding what I needed through Google. I just remember reading an article by one their engineers that explained how their searches worked. You can always try using quotes around your exact wording. Or add other key words that might narrow down the search.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I made an attempt to order the Playstick off of the http://sti-experience.com website, but there was an issue with making it to Paypal from their site. I had set up the transaction, but the site wouldn't let me seal the deal

Then I went back a couple days later to try again and the Playstick was showing to be out of stock. I decided that I would not be deterred so I've been continuing to check back with Ebay over the past couple weeks.

Today on Ebay I decided to try some new search words instead of "Playstation Playstick". This time I typed in "Playstation joystick" and what do you know! Check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSX-PS2-Sony...item27bd1c3515

Yes, I got it for $1 plus $6 shipping and it even has 8 attachment joysticks/pads as opposed to the original 4. Yep, I'm quite pleased! Soon going to play some Dig Dug and Ms. Pac-Man :< :- :< :-

I'm looking for one of these and having not much luck...

http://www.lulays.com/jr/images/zpro...nplaystick.gif

I've checked Ebay and Gametz, but no one seems to have one to trade or sell. Maybe someone might have one here?
    Last edited by ave1; 08-14-2012 at 05:43 PM.