Thread: My A500 and 1084S-D1, arrived today...

Insert Coin (Level 0) gameplayerspecial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My A500 and 1084S-D1, arrived today...

My A500 and 1084S-D1, arrived today...

Arrived today my Amiga 500 and my monitos 1084S-D1, put some photos in this link:

http://gameplayerspecial.com/2012/07...1084s-monitor/

Thanks !

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hoping to snag me one of these one of these days. I had Amiga envy while I gamed on my C-64 back in the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    Hoping to snag me one of these one of these days. I had Amiga envy while I gamed on my C-64 back in the day.
    I think that the Amiga 500 was the most nostalgic Amiga, was the first Amiga made for the masses, and an Amiga with a HD sidecar, is a piece of art.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I barely use my A500, but that might change when the ACA500 accelerator hits the market.
    An accelerated A500 with compact flash and ATAPI support is pretty appealing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I barely use my A500, but that might change when the ACA500 accelerator hits the market.
    An accelerated A500 with compact flash and ATAPI support is pretty appealing.
    Is that the board ?

This give wings to Amiga 500 !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Looks like it.

I have the ACA630 in my A600. 030 + 32MB + scandoubler + CF card makes it a perfect and portable ECS machine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the one in the picture is the ACA1220.
    I don't think Jens has released any pics of the ACA500.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since we have some Amiga lovers in this thread thought I would ask. I am looking at getting into the Amiga and it can get very confusing very fast. I want to play games and that is about it. Which one should I get? I saw the Minimig and it seemed like a pretty good choice but again no clue on anything Amiga.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    Since we have some Amiga lovers in this thread thought I would ask. I am looking at getting into the Amiga and it can get very confusing very fast. I want to play games and that is about it. Which one should I get? I saw the Minimig and it seemed like a pretty good choice but again no clue on anything Amiga.
    I would hold off on buying a minimig. The FPGA Arcade Replay board should be in mass production soon, and it can do anything the minimg does and lots more.
    The minimg can only simulate OCS/ECS Amigas, so basically it's like a somewhat upgraded A500.
    The Replay can run the minimg core, but it also has a much larger FPGA, so it can handle the AGA chipset that was used in later Amiga computers, so it's like an upgraded A1200 in addition to being an upgraded A500. It also has an expansion that can be used for accelerators and additional I/O, although that's not at all necessary for gaming.

If you want to play on actual classic hardware, there are a lot options, and you'd really need to narrow them down before I could tell you what's best.

Do you want to run just the older OCS/ECS games, or do you also want to play AGA games? Are there any specific games that that you want?

What do you plan on using for a monitor? This is pretty important since 1)there are PAL/NTSC issues to consider, 2)you'll likely need special hardware if you want to use your television or PC monitor, and 3)you need a 15Khz RGB monitor if you want to use the Amiga's native video signal.

There's also the matter of acquiring software. Are you planning on collecting actual retail games, or just using disk image files?
    If you can find games on floppy disks, great. If not, you're going to need a way to get games from your PC to the Amiga, and there are many different ways to go about that depending on what Amiga model you have.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to be able to play as much of the Amiga catalog as possible. I wouldn't really want to be limited at all. I have a RGB monitor so that isn't an issue. I would probably download most games since the only game I really want to play right now is Turrican.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can your monitor handle 50Hz signals? Many of the best Amiga games only work properly in PAL mode.

I would recommend getting an A1200 with kickstart 3.1 and a hard drive or CF drive.
    That should handle just about any game you throw at it.
    As far as getting games onto the Amiga, the A1200 has a lot of options, but I would recommend connecting its hard drive to a PC and using WinUAE to set up a a workbench install with WHDLoad and a bunch of games, and then just dropping the drive back in the Amiga.

If you can't find one or don't want to deal with huge shipping costs, wait a month or so and order a Replay board.
    Last edited by kedawa; 08-10-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Can your monitor handle 50Hz signals? Many of the best Amiga games only work properly in PAL mode.

I would recommend getting an A1200 with kickstart 3.1 and a hard drive or CF drive.
    That should handle just about any game you throw at it.
    As far as getting games onto the Amiga, the A1200 has a lot of options, but I would recommend connecting its hard drive to a PC and using WinUAE to set up a a workbench install with WHDLoad and a bunch of games, and then just dropping the drive back in the Amiga.

If you can't find one or don't want to deal with huge shipping costs, wait a month or so and order a Replay board.
    Sweet thanks for the info! I will check out an A1200. I am not sure if my PVM can handle 50hz I will have to look into it.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    It can be tough to get some OCS (original chip-set) games running on the Amiga 1200.

If you want to play games, just get yourself a stock Amiga 500 and a 1084 monitor (factory Kickstart ROM 1.2). You can also use SEGA controllers, as long as you remove the little metal 'puck' under the start button. Otherwise, you're sending 5 volts to the Amiga each time the start button is pressed. The Amiga doesn't use that button anyway, so you won't miss it.

Happy gaming!