Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sega Master System, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast Manual Scans (+ Nintendo/SNK)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know I just sort of dropped this Sega Saturn back insert project, though, had to go out of town for work, and since getting back, things have just been crazy busy (end of the year is always busy). My goal is to cross this off my list this year.

I uploaded The Horde through NBA Live '98 (42 games). My Last Bronx had a cutout UPC, though, I scanned it in anyways and I'll get that replaced sometime in the future. That leaves me with 111 more back inserts to scan.

Also, on the Sega Master System side, I posted Power Strike, and I have a copy of R.C. Grand Prix in the mail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just finished uploading back inserts for The Need For Speed through Sonic 3D Blast (54 games).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just uploaded the back inserts for Sonic Jam through Virtua Cop (26 games). I had to skip True Pinball, because just like Doom, the back insert of my copy is stuck in the case, so I've added it to the list of eventual replacements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wrapped up my back insert scanning and uploaded Virtua Cop 2 through X-Men Children of the Atom (30 games). I also scanned in the jewel case cover and back insert for the Sega Rally and Virtual On Netlink editions. The front insert was just a single sided single piece for both.

Unless someone notices something I didn't, once I get replacements for Doom and True Pinball that I couldn't scan, and then inserts without UPCs cutout for F1 Challenge and Last Bronx, that should be it.

Also, if there's interest in me doing back insert scans for all of the Dreamcast titles, let me know.

On the Sega Master System front, R.C. Grand Prix arrived has been uploaded and linked.

I still need a copy of Alex Kidd in Shinobi World and James 'Buster' Douglas Knockout Boxing, as well as replacement manuals for Alf, Fantasy Zone, and Teddy Boy, and a replacement insert for Ghost House (without the UPC cutout). If anyone has extras of any of those and would be interested in donating or cutting me a deal, send me a PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) brainerdrainer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So awesome! I've been looking for scans of the Dragon's Revenge manual for Genesis but can't find it anywhere!

Insert Coin (Level 0) brainerdrainer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

plan on doing Sega Genesis games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brainerdrainer View Post
    plan on doing Sega Genesis games?
    As per this post:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...=1#post1931775

There are no plans at the current moment as I don't have a full Genesis set to work with, and thus far, no one has expressed interest in helping (even with myself willing to cover shipping both ways on any manuals).
    Last edited by TSOLfan; 01-03-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got around to scanning and uploading replacements for F1 Challenge and Last Brox. Also, my replacement copy of Doom also arrived so that was scanned and uploaded as well. That just leaves True Pinball as the last Sega Saturn rear insert I need to scan that's still stuck inside the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the past couple of weeks, I received multiple notifications from MediaFire (where I was hosting my scans) that some of my scans were reported as a violation of some sorts, and had been removed. I contacted them asking if they could let me know who had contacted them so I could turn in turn request permission, though, multiple requests have all been ignored. By the time they had removed 8 games, I started working on an alternative.

I re-uploaded everything to my own server, so instead of just hosting the index, it now hosts the index and scans alike:

http://www.ratigators.com/

I kept the UI basic. Click a system, scroll through the "shelf" of games (which uses a lazy load, so only the items on screen load for bandwidth's sake, but as you scroll and items come into view, they will load), click to load the manual (which uses some basic math to determine the viewable height and do some rounding to keep the amount of cached thumbnails on the server to a minimum (100 pixel height increments)), and click any page for a full screen view (if the default manual isn't already large enough to read).

With the variable height interior manual preview images, if you are the first person ever to visit the site with your specific vertical resolution, the preview images may take slightly longer to load while the server builds them (the top thumbnails are consistent for everyone). The next time you view the same manual it will be quicker (or if someone running your same resolution has already viewed it). I did this so the server only has to build what is requested.

I threw the code together fairly quickly, and uploaded everything just the same, so if you notice any errors or glitches, please let me know.

Also, picked up the last replacement Saturn title I needed, and the back insert for True Pinball has been uploaded to my site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did some more user interface work on the new ratigators.com, and again, let me know if anyone notices any issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And we're back to the regularly scheduled program.

For those that didn't happen to visit ratigators.com yesterday, all of the Sega console links redirected instead to Nintendo consoles, each with a scan of a Mario manual. Here's the links for those that missed them:

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=N...TAINMENTSYSTEM
    http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=N...OSUPERNINTENDO
    http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDO64
    http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOGAMECUBE
    http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOWII
    http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=NINTENDOWIIU

Yea, I could have spent the time it took to scan those in to tag more Dreamcast back inserts, but sometimes I take a break to amuse myself. Those will stick around permantely, and I'll eventually get around to scanning my manuals for those systems (none of which are complete, but my personal "best of" collections).

Also, while on the topic of other non-linked links, here are two more:

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=VMLABSNUON
    http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=SNKNEOGEO

On the Neo Geo titles, I have one game in the mail (Real Bout Special), and 5 more on my WTB list (the last in each of the series I own) that I'll get around to eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Huge thanks to a new Cover Project member, Specialt1212, who has been going through my site and letting me know things that need to be fixed, such as Sega CD games where I flipped two pages instead of one, resulting in some missing pages.

I lay blame squarely on my (then) newborn as the distraction :P

Sega CD 32X
    Supreme Warrior: Missing Pages 30 & 31

Sega CD
    Dark Wizard: Page 1 (labeled start up) is messed up it looks like the image was moved during scanning
    Dungeon Master 2 Skullkeep: Missing Pages 30 & 31
    Lethal Enforcers: Missing Pages 8 & 9
    Microcosm: Missing Page 6 & 7
    Third World War: Missing Pages 34 & 35

So, a year after uploading everything originally, those games are now once again complete.

It was also noted that my Virtua Fighter for Sega 32X was missing quite a few pages, though, after checking my manual, every page I had was scanned. My manual seems to have two entire sheets that didn't get stapled in (resulting in 8 missing pages, pages 5, 6, 7, 8, 25, 26, 27, 28). When I get a replacement manual for that, I'll get it scanned (assuming that it has all of its pages).

Specialt1212 is also sending me a batch of Sega Genesis and Sega Game Gear manuals to start up those sections.

Huge thanks!

Also, again, if anyone notices any issues, let me know and I'll get them fixed as soon as I can.

Also also, if anyone else has a stack of Genesis or Game Gear manuals they want to send my way for me to scan in the same fashion I've done everything else, I'll cover your shipping costs (both ways if you want them back).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

Quote Originally Posted by TSOLfan View Post
    As per this post:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...=1#post1931775

There are no plans at the current moment as I don't have a full Genesis set to work with, and thus far, no one has expressed interest in helping (even with myself willing to cover shipping both ways on any manuals).
    I would be willing to help.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, on the Neo Geo front, I've since added scans for Art of Fighting 3, Kizuna Encounter, Real Bout Special and World Heroes Perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I would be willing to help.
    PM sent!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a family member that's been picking up every Wii U Virtual Console Super Nintendo game released, and thus far, I've owned physical copies of every single one of them, so I went ahead and got those scanned in and uploaded.

I didn't check to see if these scans were already available elsewhere (I'm sure someone, somewhere, had already scanned in Super Metroid at least).

As I (think I) mentioned before, I'll eventually get around to scanning in my Nintendo collections, which are primarily just the Nintendo released titles and my personal favorites (sans most RPGs, my brother was always the one that picked those up, but I own a few).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A replacement copy of Ghost House for Sega Master System arrived so I've replaced my insert scan that had the UPC cutout (my only Master System insert that had one).

Also, Specialt1212's package arrived, and I've gone through everything Sega Genesis related and created this spreadsheet:

http://bit.ly/ratigatorsgenesis

That way, everyone can see what I've already received as donations and what's in my queue for scanning.

Again, I can't thank Specialt1212 enough, and they also have the honor of being manual donor #1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sega Dreamcast back inserts front and back scans for E through H have all been uploaded, so I'm just about a third of the way through the full set.

Also, I've gotten started scanning Genesis manuals with a block of 12 games, which contains all 3 Phantasy Star games, all 3 Shining titles, and all 6 original Sonic titles (only the Sonic Classics manual is missing at the moment).

Also also, I did things a bit differently since I'm not starting with a full/nearly full set as I did with my other scan projects, in that, instead of titles showing up when scanned, I'm showing everything. Empty boxes means I don't yet have the manual and clicking will prompt a donation form as well as a full list of what I do/do not have, and a "SCAN PENDING" graphic means that I do have the manual on hand (I've got about 20% of a full set), and I just haven't scanned and uploaded it yet. I'll be going alphabetical from here on out with what I have, and will bump up any donations sent in where the sender wants them back (and as a reminder, I cover shipping, including return shipping if you want them back).

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=SEGAGENESIS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's times like this I wish I still had my complete english turbo grafx set. I would be more than willing to help. I can send you a list of games I own for nes, genesis, dreamcast and every other system which isn't a lot anymore. I have Ikaruga, PAL Panzer Dragoon saga, and quite a few other games. I also have Neo Geo mini marquees, and move stickers. If you ever want to do MVS carts I think people in the Neo-Geo forums would probably help. There are many people there with complete AES sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    It's times like this I wish I still had my complete english turbo grafx set. I would be more than willing to help. I can send you a list of games I own for nes, genesis, dreamcast and every other system which isn't a lot anymore. I have Ikaruga, PAL Panzer Dragoon saga, and quite a few other games. I also have Neo Geo mini marquees, and move stickers. If you ever want to do MVS carts I think people in the Neo-Geo forums would probably help. There are many people there with complete AES sets.
    Thanks for the offer. I'm primarily interested in Genesis and Game Gear at the moment. For the other SEGA systems, I've already scanned in a complete Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast set, and just missing a few odds and ends for the other systems (3 Master System manuals, 1 case insert, and 3 32X manuals where I have loose carts).

I haven't finished up my spreadsheet for Game Gear yet, though, you can check my Genesis one from the link above (also linked on the ratigators.com homepage) and let me know what you have that I don't already.

Concerning European/Japanese manuals, since I'm sort of all or nothing, I'd rather not get started on those. Since I'm in the US, not that it's impossible to try and get full sets from other countries, it's just a lot more difficult (such as for Japan, most things are listed on Yahoo Auctions, and there's a language barrier, and of course, shipping costs if there's even the willingness to ship internationally), and I figure someone in Europe or Japan would be better off tackling those projects. Through some other forums I'm a member of, I know others in those regions have their own full sets, it's just a matter of them going on an insane scanning binge like I have For example, I know the individual that runs Satakore has a complete Saturn Japanese collection if I recall correctly.

Also, I do realize the hypocrisy in my own statement on non-US manuals, since my Neo Geo collection doesn't have a single US game. I basically scanned those for my own sort of digital backups (for easy access from my tablet).