Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sega Master System, Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast Manual Scans (+ Nintendo/SNK)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TSOLfan View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I'm primarily interested in Genesis and Game Gear at the moment. For the other SEGA systems, I've already scanned in a complete Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast set, and just missing a few odds and ends for the other systems (3 Master System manuals, 1 case insert, and 3 32X manuals where I have loose carts).

I haven't finished up my spreadsheet for Game Gear yet, though, you can check my Genesis one from the link above (also linked on the ratigators.com homepage) and let me know what you have that I don't already.

Concerning European/Japanese manuals, since I'm sort of all or nothing, I'd rather not get started on those. Since I'm in the US, not that it's impossible to try and get full sets from other countries, it's just a lot more difficult (such as for Japan, most things are listed on Yahoo Auctions, and there's a language barrier, and of course, shipping costs if there's even the willingness to ship internationally), and I figure someone in Europe or Japan would be better off tackling those projects. Through some other forums I'm a member of, I know others in those regions have their own full sets, it's just a matter of them going on an insane scanning binge like I have For example, I know the individual that runs Satakore has a complete Saturn Japanese collection if I recall correctly.

Also, I do realize the hypocrisy in my own statement on non-US manuals, since my Neo Geo collection doesn't have a single US game. I basically scanned those for my own sort of digital backups (for easy access from my tablet).
    OK, if you decide to do other systems I already have complete TG16 scans, NES, and I think gameboy. I may have others I need to check. I got them on Underground-gamer.com so I think they are pretty good quality.

I really appreciate projects like this, and manuals are very hard to find online. Would you be willing to sell a copy on DVD or CD-Rom of your set at this point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Uploaded 10 more Sega Genesis games, though, 6 of those are inside a single manual, the 6-Pak 70 page manual.

I also added some additional notes to the front page of ratigators.com to list how many I've scanned out of how many I have out of how many there are, and I've added a column to the linked spreadsheet to also include a scan column to note which ones have been scanned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    I really appreciate projects like this, and manuals are very hard to find online. Would you be willing to sell a copy on DVD or CD-Rom of your set at this point?
    No plans to sell anything. I'm not out to make any money on this (hence also the complete lack of ads or watermarks or anything on my site or files). My only goal is preservation.

I'm not opposed to eventually offering up a torrent of everything once I'm happy with things (such as, I'm still doing Dreamcast back inserts, still have to do Sega CD back inserts, still missing 1 Master System case insert and 3 manuals, etc). Though, until then, please let me know if you find any errors (such as missing pages, etc) to ensure things are as accurate as they can be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time for another status update.

Finished scanning in the rest of the back inserts for the Sega Dreamcast, so now that section is entirely complete (manual scans and back inserts), just like Sega Saturn.

I also tracked down all missing Sega Master System manuals except for one, and those have all been uploaded.

I did also take another Sega detour, and since I already scanned in my Neo Geo collection, I scanned in my entire Super Nintendo collection and built out placeholders for my Nintendo 64 collection (neither are complete, just my personal best of set).

I'm working on Sega CD back inserts currently, and then will pick back up my Nintendo 64 manual scans before heading back into Sega world and continuing to scan Sega Game Gear and Sega Genesis manuals.

I'll also probably get around to scanning in my Gamecube collection, though, as with everything, no ETA's, just when I find the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finished up all Sega CD back inserts for jewel cases, and also scanned the digipack game cases, and the front/back of all of the original cardboard releases.

I also noticed that I never scanned the newspapers that came with the Sherlock Holmes games when I originally scanned their manuals, so I scanned in both of those and uploaded them.

So, that should wrap up a complete archive of US Sega CD art (covers, manuals, inserts, maps (for Vay), and supplemental books (the newspapers for the Sherlock Holmes games).

That adds to the also complete archives of US Sega Saturn and US Sega Dreamcast. I've got one Sega Master System game left to eventually pick up to also cross that collection scan off my list, then waiting for deals on 3 32X manuals to also cross those scans off.

As always, if anyone notices anything I missed or screwed up scanning, let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finished uploading manual scans for my Nintendo 64 collection (including the Crusin' USA poster/manual), so here's a quick shortcut for those that want to skip the homepage to check them out:

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?m=OTHER&c=NINTENDO64

Thinking I may tag some NES manuals from my NES collection (as I've done with my SNES and N64 collections) before heading back to Sega land for Pico, Game Gear and Genesis scans. At a minimum, scanning in the 3 Castlevania manuals for a Halloween themed update.