Thread: WATCH THE EXCLUSIVE MEGA64 produced Videogame History Museum commercial HERE!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Default WATCH THE EXCLUSIVE MEGA64 produced Videogame History Museum commercial HERE!

Hey all,

As of today, I'm very very proud to announce that - what has been a several month odyssey beginning at PAX East 2012 officially comes to a close and at CGE 2012 we will be debuting a commercial for The Videogame History Museum that was written, produced by and stars none other than the gang from MEGA64!

www.mega64.com

We'll probably run it a bunch through the course of the weekend's proceedings, but anybody who is interested in the low-down on when/where the first play will occur track me down during the show as early as you can.

I know that there aren't as many die-hard MEGA64 fans in the community as me, but if you like them even a little bit, this is worth seeing!

This isn't THE commercial but if you're not familiar with their stuff, here's a taste of their comedy stylings, a recent official commercial for the AAA title Metal Gear Rising: Revengance!

Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 08-14-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Now that it has been officially released upon the world, here it is for your viewing pleasure!

Enjoy!

*Footnote - I actually showed this to Tommy Tallarico on Sunday. He hadn't seen it yet and he enjoyed his mention.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 08-14-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the heads up and post for this. There should be a sticky in Classic Gaming or an alternate thread. In fact I've always thought there should be a VGHM subforum since it's supposed to be what this community is all about. I know if / when ground is broken in the bay area on a permanent location I'll offer to volunteer every week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Yeah when it was shown at CGE I think they used the speakers from a Dead Kindle Fire, couldn't hear anything.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    Yeah when it was shown at CGE I think they used the speakers from a Dead Kindle Fire, couldn't hear anything.
    Yeah, sorry about that.

Tested the audio in the room before it will filled with ambient noise of people and a ton of arcade cabinets and it was okay.

In any case, crank your desktop speakers and re-watch to your heart's content!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

While I think it was funny in spots, I'm not understanding the purpose of this "commercial". There's no mention of the fund raising or plans for the museum, just a vague call to go see it at the next convention. Given how many people seemed to be enjoying it at E3 this year, it hardly seems like it needs to be advertised in that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    While I think it was funny in spots, I'm not understanding the purpose of this "commercial". There's no mention of the fund raising or plans for the museum, just a vague call to go see it at the next convention. Given how many people seemed to be enjoying it at E3 this year, it hardly seems like it needs to be advertised in that way.
    Well, there's no physical museum yet and the details of the location aren't finalized, so they couldn't really say much about that even if they wanted to.

This thing is basically just a fun little endorsement by MEGA64 to advertise the traveling exhibit and get people excited about seeing the interesting things in the collection.

As far as the "need" for this, E3 and press related to that is great but that's an industry-only event. MEGA64 have a large and ever-growing fanbase that fit our demographic and might not otherwise be aware of our existence.

We gave them creative license to do whatever they thought would be fun. They personally suggested to us that they not be specific about things like convention names/locations so that we could use and re-use the spot whenever we wanted.

We're going to overlay info about what specific convention that the exhibit will be at (PAX, E3, CGE, etc.) next, and we can even put info about the physical museum as that becomes available.

Bottom line we appreciate the time and effort that they put into making this for us. When we break ground on the museum space they're welcome to do another more specific thing if they're so inclined.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 08-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.