Thread: guncon s video question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Default guncon s video question

I was looking for some help. I bought from the digitalpress store vampire night with the guncon 2. My ps2 is hooked up to a crt tv using svideo cables. The instructions say i need an adapter to hook up the guncon using s video. I found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS1-One-PS3-...item27be03dbf8

but the seller does not seem to be sure if is the part I need. Does anyone know? or know where i can find this part i need so I can play with my guncon.

i appreciate the help

I also found this http://www.estarland.com/Playstation...uct.28984.html maybe this is tha part i need? Any help would be appreciated

dustin
    Last edited by dsullo; 08-05-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Additional info

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Yes, the eStarland item is preferable being 1st party Sony hardware, but if you need to go with the eBay item it should do. It's a 3rd party one, but it should work the same as the official Sony one.

You plug that into the back of your PS2

Plug your S-video cable on into the output that adapter which will feed your video out to your TV.

Plug the Guncon 2 composite into the yellow composite hole on the adapter (and I believe also into the USB on the PS2) so the Guncon can pick up the video signal and you should be golden.

Also, they may have either or both of those at the DP store, did you ask them?
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 08-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Yes, the eStarland item is preferable being 1st party Sony hardware, but if you need to go with the eBay item it should do. It's a 3rd party one, but it should work the same as the official Sony one.

You plug that into the back of your PS2

Plug your S-video cable on into the output that adapter which will feed your video out to your TV.

Plug the Guncon 2 composite into the yellow composite hole on the adapter (and I believe also into the USB on the PS2) so the Guncon can pick up the video signal and you should be golden.

Also, they may have either or both of those at the DP store, did you ask them?
    Thanks for the reply. I feel more confident in the purchase and will go with the Sony brand one. Joe was unsure if he had one and was alone in the store so he could not check t the time. I could try him again, I would prefer to give him my business. Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Guncon should work as posted in the Replies above. Just wanted to add the adapter has a very nice undocumented feature. It can also send a signal simaltaneously to a second screen such as portable LCD. What is really unique is the primary connection can be Component 480p and still support composite at the adapter side connection.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

That's... pretty interesting. So you could have something recording the component signal, while you play in composite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    That's... pretty interesting. So you could have something recording the component signal, while you play in composite?
    Yeah, those things were pretty neat, if I remember correctly you could daisy chain a few together to broadcast the same signal to multiple TVs. I'm sure there was a threshold of how many it could support before degrading or failing though.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"