Thread: Report: Activision stock may rise 50 percent with Pandaria, CoD Online [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Report: Activision stock may rise 50 percent with Pandaria, CoD Online [Joystiq]

Activision Blizzard may see its share price increase as much as 50 percent as it prepares to launch the Mists of Pandaria expansion for World of Warcraft and Call of Duty Online in China, financial newsweekly Barron's reports. Activision Blizzard is currently trading at $11.25, after reporting Q2 earnings above expectations but below the previous year, bringing in $1.08 million.

Investors expect shares could reach a high of $17 due to Mists of Pandaria's launch in September and Activision's partnership with Chinese Internet provider Tencent Holdings to launch the free-to-play game Call of Duty Online, potentially in "mid-2013," Barron's says. The Chinese gaming market generated $7 billion and included 160 million gamers in 2011, and is expected to grow by 20 percent this year to cash in more than $9 million in 2014.

Activision Blizzard's shares have fallen 10 percent this year, while the broad market has gained 11 percent. Parent company Vivendi was looking to sell its 61 percent stake in Activision Blizzard earlier this year, but it appears those efforts have shifted focus.
    Report: Activision stock may rise 50 percent with Pandaria, CoD Online originally appeared on Joystiq on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 15:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Fistful Of Diamonds Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    killingkirby

Of Course They Are Going To Continue Ruling The Game Market Like They Have The Last 30+ Years
    But That's Fine With Me Lol
    Also Modern Warfare 3 Sucked SO Much Ballage Because It Was Just So Boring And Overdone
    But You Gotta Love The 2600 Classic's By ACTIVISION So I Still Respect Them
    And Im Convinced The ServBot Is Actually A Person

Quote Originally Posted by AceAerosmith View Post
    They'll digest what they can and vomit up bones/undigestible parts on trees or ground. They said we should look for white puke spots on trees or ground nearby. I have better things to do than look for owl barf so, needless to say, I haven't been checking things out.