Thread: Jace Hall is out for Blood, asks fans what they want in a remake [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Jace Hall is out for Blood, asks fans what they want in a remake [Joystiq]

Jace Hall, founder and former CEO of Monolith Productions, is looking to bring back 1997's original gore-fest of a game, Blood. Hall brings the idea up on The Postmortem, a Blood fan forum, gauging interest and asking for wish lists in a potential Blood remake.

"To be clear, I am thinking of bringing the ORIGINAL Blood game back as it was, with functionality alterations/enhancements that are similar but superior to ZDAEMON's," Hall writes. "I would also make it work on all platforms, and not just PC."

Hall has all of the legal rights and issues "handled" and will get support from anyone with a legal investment in Blood, he says. Hall will be the one footing the bill the new game as well: "One thing to also know is that if I go ahead and attempt to bring Blood back, I will be the one actually paying the bill. It is certainly going to cost money to do this, and I will not likely be getting my money back. It will be all for the fun of it. Just something to know."

Hall has reservations about releasing the source code for Blood, writing, "Part of what I'm hoping to achieve with this potential project is a game that really allows people to build measurable value in their cummulative game accomplishments." The conversation is on-going at The Postmortem if you'd like to share your blood-soaked dream list with Hall himself.Jace Hall is out for Blood, asks fans what they want in a remake originally appeared on Joystiq on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 23:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

Okay, this is a great thing to wake up to. I fucking loved Blood as a kid, and am now extremely pumped for this if/when it gets off the ground.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose