Thread: so I ordered a game from ebay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default so I ordered a game from ebay...

and my tracking # says it was delivered on Aug. 6th at 12:02 pm. However, there is not package as of yet. Should I wait a few days then check on it, or go down to the post office. I'm really dreading on having to go to the post office. I'm extremely busy at work right now and can't spend half a day or more down there, and I know that I will not get anywhere over the phone. How accurate are those tracking numbers, I mean is it more possible that my package got stolen after it was delievered, how could the post man swipe the package at delivery and it not be delievered. What's the best way to handle this? Suggestions?

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If this is a USPS question, you should take the number to them and have them pull up the detailed report. They're supposed to record who did the delivery when it was marked delivered so that if something happens, they can ask whoever was out in the truck that day. So I've been told anyway at my USPS. The last time I had a problem like this, the post office that was supposed to deliver the package I sent misplaced it somewhere at the facility and it ended up being a few days late (despite that somehow it was scanned as delivered, go figure.)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have had that happen before and received it the next day. I am not sure if it was delivered to the wrong address and given back to the mail carrier to redeliver or what. Give it a day or two and see if it shows up.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll tell you now,if it isn't at the PO, or delivered in a few days your out of luck if it says delivered. They lost a mint first print of Where the wild things are and didn't give a shit about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is through the USPS. I've actually been through something like this before when my wife ordered some stuff. The tracking said delivered so we waited a few days to see if it'd come. We then called and they said they'd ask the deliverly guy; as if he's going to remember delivering a specific package to a house after two or three days. Of course he said he delievered it, his exact words were "If it says it was delivered then it was delivered". I had to have my mom go down there and investigate because my wife and I both work and can't take off just to go haggel. Long story short we never found out what happened to the package, it seems that it it wasn't stole it would have eventually made it's way to our house.

I'm really trying to understand at what point do they scan itas delivered? I can see when it got scanned as "out for delivery" at 9:08 am then delivered at 12:02pm. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get anywhere.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

same thing they said to me....if it says delivered.....its delivered.....now beat it!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Why are you assuming the postal carrier stole it? While that's possible, it's far more likely that a neighbor or a stranger simply took it out of your mail box or off your porch. Unless it was simply delivered to the wrong address and a neighbor ends up returning it to you, you're pretty much out of luck. The postal service will not take responsibility for a lost or stolen package once it's been delivered and all you had was delivery tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Flam View Post
    and my tracking # says it was delivered on Aug. 6th at 12:02 pm. However, there is not package as of yet. Should I wait a few days then check on it, or go down to the post office. I'm really dreading on having to go to the post office. I'm extremely busy at work right now and can't spend half a day or more down there, and I know that I will not get anywhere over the phone. How accurate are those tracking numbers, I mean is it more possible that my package got stolen after it was delievered, how could the post man swipe the package at delivery and it not be delievered. What's the best way to handle this? Suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mean is it more possible that my package got stolen after it was delievered

I wasn't assuming the post man stole it, I was thinking that it might have gotten stolen after it was delivered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Open apology to the usps

I owe the post office an apology; everyone I dealt with was extremely helpful (they even called back my number off of caller ID after I hung up). The postman remembered actually dropping to packages off at the house on Monday. After speaking with my mom for a fourth time about this she realized that she did have the package and got her days mixed up and couldn't remember when she actually received it. Don't worry about why I got it sent to my mom's address in the first place, it's a long story. Needless to say I'll be slashing throats and kicking heads in this weekend playing 'Ninja Gaiden'

Fistful Of Diamonds Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    killingkirby

I owe the post office an apology; everyone I dealt with was extremely helpful (they even called back my number off of caller ID after I hung up). The postman remembered actually dropping to packages off at the house on Monday. After speaking with my mom for a fourth time about this she realized that she did have the package and got her days mixed up and couldn't remember when she actually received it. Don't worry about why I got it sent to my mom's address in the first place, it's a long story. Needless to say I'll be slashing throats and kicking heads in this weekend playing 'Ninja Gaiden'
    U Finally Got It Bro
    NICE,
    KIRBZ

Quote Originally Posted by AceAerosmith View Post
    They'll digest what they can and vomit up bones/undigestible parts on trees or ground. They said we should look for white puke spots on trees or ground nearby. I have better things to do than look for owl barf so, needless to say, I haven't been checking things out.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Needless to say I'll be slashing throats and kicking heads in this weekend playing 'Ninja Gaiden'
    Better to do that in Ninja Gaiden than at the post office, glad it arrived.

Insert Coin (Level 0) GizzyGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would contact USPS. It may of got delivered, but to the wrong address =(

Fistful Of Diamonds Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    killingkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Better to do that in Ninja Gaiden than at the post office, glad it arrived.
    That Made Me Laugh Out Loud (Literally)
    Nice One

Quote Originally Posted by GizzyGames View Post
    I would contact USPS. It may of got delivered, but to the wrong address =(
    He Already Got His Package
    Did You Even Read The Rest Of The Damn Thread Dude?

KIRBZ

Quote Originally Posted by AceAerosmith View Post
    They'll digest what they can and vomit up bones/undigestible parts on trees or ground. They said we should look for white puke spots on trees or ground nearby. I have better things to do than look for owl barf so, needless to say, I haven't been checking things out.