Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default [WTB] Working Designs posters

--Edit--

I've managed to track down both the Arc the Lad poster and Lunar: Eternal Blue poster. Thank you very much to everyone who responded!

I would like to shift my focus now to the following posters. If you have any of the unconfirmed posters, please let me know, even if you're not willing to sell. If you have any of the confirmed posters you'd be willing to part with, please let me know as well!

The posters:

Shining Wisdom
    Albert Odyssey
    Raystorm
    Vay
    Popful Mail (do not know if this even exists)
    Elemental Gearbolt (do not know if this even exists)

--Original Post--

I need to waste my money.

Working Designs offered free posters for both Lunar: Eternal Blue and Arc the Lad when you bought the strategy guide. I never sent in for them. I don't know why. I sent in for the others...

Please sell them to me. I'll pay top price for them if they're still in good enough condition to be framed.

Would also buy posters for Vay, Shining Wisdom, Albert Odyssey, Raystorm, or Elemental Gearbolt (if it exists).
    Last edited by Nick Goracke; 09-20-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a friendly good luck bump

I've managed to find a handful of the Working Designs posters but if you'd been looking a couple years ago you would have been in luck since Kelly Knight was selling a bunch of duplicates they had at around $25 each.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Just a friendly good luck bump

I've managed to find a handful of the Working Designs posters but if you'd been looking a couple years ago you would have been in luck since Kelly Knight was selling a bunch of duplicates they had at around $25 each.
    Thanks! But your post is another dagger in my heart.

It amazes me that I bothered to fill out the form for Vanguard Bandits, but totally spaced on Lunar: EB. Out of curiosity, which do you have? I know I'm missing Shining Wisdom, but I'm not sure if they did mail order posters for their Turbo Grafx stuff, Vay, Popful Mail, Albert Odyssey, Iron Storm, Elemental Gearbolt, or any of the Spaz games (I've heard Raystorm exists, at least).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an Arc the Lad poster and a Lunar: TSSSC poster that I got from Kelly, but I haven't seen posters for their Turbo stuff before, and even only the Sega CD most of them (excepting Vay) only had pins for sale.

It was a lot harder for me to track their promo merchandise after they stopped putting fliers into their games near the end of the Saturn era. I mainly had to reply on whatever I heard from my local Babbages clerks.

I've used the web archive recently to find out most information that I can at this point since the site is gone, but here's a link to a snapshot from mid-2004. If you click on the Merchandise link on the left you can see that they had a lot of promo stuff available including posters for most of the games you mentioned. Also feel free to cry at the prices when you see what they were originally sold for

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I have an Arc the Lad poster and a Lunar: TSSSC poster that I got from Kelly, but I haven't seen posters for their Turbo stuff before, and even only the Sega CD most of them (excepting Vay) only had pins for sale.

It was a lot harder for me to track their promo merchandise after they stopped putting fliers into their games near the end of the Saturn era. I mainly had to reply on whatever I heard from my local Babbages clerks.

I've used the web archive recently to find out most information that I can at this point since the site is gone, but here's a link to a snapshot from mid-2004. If you click on the Merchandise link on the left you can see that they had a lot of promo stuff available including posters for most of the games you mentioned. Also feel free to cry at the prices when you see what they were originally sold for
    Glad I got the Dragon Force poster off of their website years ago... and I guess I'm lucky to have the Sega CD Lunar: TSS & EB posters which they had already sold out of in 2004...

But damn!

I'm sure there are a number of people that just have these sitting in a shipping tube somewhere... For whatever reason, WD chose a non-standard size (36x26.5 instead of 36x24), which means it's custom framing or bust (or cut)... normally I wouldn't have even cared (all 7~8 posters I had were sitting in a tube for 10 years too!), but having recently rebuilt my collection room, I really want to actually put them to use! Here's where I'm at so far...

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSCN1406.jpg (Lunar)
    http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSCN1403.jpg (Dragon Force)
    http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/...1/DSCN1404.jpg (Your poster here!)

I'm sure those mousepads & pins would've made for a pretty awesome display, too. That link was a good trip down memory lane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very awesome room! I love the candy cab + ottomans, I use something pretty similar to store all my controllers in my office. Looks like you've got a really solid collection of good titles, no filler games, and all best of all a nice set of Working Designs games

I actually haven't hung any of my posters yet for the same reason, mine are still in tubes too waiting to be framed. They did a really good job on them too because they're not flimsy at all and printed on very nice paper.

I'm personally a big WD dork as well but stuff seems to be harder to come by these days. I've almost collected almost all the variants (just missing a Silpheed, Raycrisis, and Thunder Force V variant), but I'm glad I started when I did because everything seems to cost more nowadays if it's got their logo on it ;P