Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rarest Game(s)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rarest Game(s)

What are your rarest/most expensive games?? I have a few somewhat rare games, but I'm more excited to see what everyone else has!

- Dusty Diamond's Allstar Softball - NES
    - Metal Storm - NES
    - Gun Nac - NES
    - Mega Man 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - NES
    - Godzilla 2 - NES
    - Mario Is Missing - NES
    - Final Fight 2 - SNES

As I said, nothing too incredibly rare, but some good stuff and I found it all at stores.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    jamvan1000

Exclamation

Mine would be these
    -Happy Trails Review copy.....intellivision
    -Super Mario Land 2 Not for resale......gameboy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

All cib:

SongMate VCS
    PictureMate VCS
    Mangia VCS
    Video Life VCS
    Asphalt Urban promo N Gage
    Basketball Odyssey
    Interplanetary Voyage Odyssey
    WIN Odyssey
    Brain Wave Odyssey
    Tetris Pokemon Mini
    Qwak GBA
    Lemmings Lynx
    Portfolio Chess Atari Portfolio
    X Com Enemy Unknown PSX
    Last edited by tom; 08-17-2012 at 07:41 AM.

JOEY Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES:

Panic Resturant
    Contra Force
    Bubble Bobble 2

SNES:

Earthbound (if you want to call it rare)
    Hagane
    Dracula X

Sega CD:

Keio Flying Squadron
    Space Adventure

Saturn:

Imports:

Hyper Duel
    Battle Garegga
    Batsugun
    Street Fighter Zero 3

Guardian Heroes
    Shining Wisdom
    Dragon Force

Genesis:

MUSHA
    The Punisher
    Splatterhouse 3

Those are ones that stick out off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm leaving alot of shit out. It's hard to tell what's rare or just overhyped these days. NES games are fucking crazy right now, games like Kid Klown are blowing up out of no where. I try not to get caught up with rare games. I buy what I think is fun. I buy the games I want to play and some just so happen to be more expensive than others. I included my imports on there too, I love my sega saturn.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Zenki for PC-FX is both my rarest and probably my most valuable. It's the only game I have that's rate 9 in the rarity guide, although I think some of my PC-FX demos are also rated 9. I'm too lazy to look up all the 7's and 8's I have, but here are some high value games I have:

Zeroigar
    Chip-chan Kick
    Valkyrie Profile
    Suikoden II
    Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
    Valkyrie Profile Limited Edition
    Valkyrie Profile 2 Limited Edition
    Solatorobo Collector's Edition
    Bomberman 64 (Japan)

I don't know if they all still can, but I know those have pulled in over $100 in the past. Since I'm big on RPGs, I have plenty of games that have some decent value to them, like in the $30-$100 range, but when it comes to $100+ games, that's where it tapers down. I'm probably forgetting some, though, or unaware of some. Once a game is in my collection, I don't pay much attention to its value, so I'm not always aware if a game has shot up in value (or dropped significantly, for that matter).

Insert Coin (Level 0) zakthedodo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the Mega Drive probably CIB some imports from Japan.

Battle Mania
    Gleylancer
    Pulseman
    Ex Ranga
    Aleste

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spidey 32X is the closest thing to rare I have. I imagine my Coleco Donkey Kong mini cabinet is more valuable though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For some reason I thought the thread was labeled racist games. Meh I must be tired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not so much for the NES, let go of a lot of stuff, but Mega Man V is up there(have all 6), also Mighty Final Fight. A lot of my stuff of value is on the SNES really as I have: Dracula X w/book, Chrono Trigger, Demon's Crest, Earthbound, EVO, Final Fantasy II & III both with books+maps, Final Fight 2+3, King of Dragons, Kirby's Super Star and Dream Land 3, Lufia II w/book+map, Mega Man X2 and X3, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Pocky & Rocky, Secret of Mana w/book+map, Soul Blazer w/book+map, Sunset Riders, Super Mario RPG w/book, Wolfenstein3D, and Wild Guns.

I have mostly Nintendo stuff, but I also do have a Master System and I got some of the gems for that of value like Golden Axe Warrior CIB, Land of Illusion CIB, Streets of Rage, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Phantasy Star CIB, Ys Vanished Omens CIB, Lucky Dime Caper CIB, Wonderboy III CIB, and some others much NTSC and some PAL only gems.

I just have a bunch of older 8/16bit games and stuff from all lives of the Gameboy. I keep a list if you care to peek at it: http://tanooki.batcave.net/gameinventory.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Not so much for the NES, let go of a lot of stuff, but Mega Man V is up there(have all 6), also Mighty Final Fight. A lot of my stuff of value is on the SNES really as I have: Dracula X w/book, Chrono Trigger, Demon's Crest, Earthbound, EVO, Final Fantasy II & III both with books+maps, Final Fight 2+3, King of Dragons, Kirby's Super Star and Dream Land 3, Lufia II w/book+map, Mega Man X2 and X3, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Pocky & Rocky, Secret of Mana w/book+map, Soul Blazer w/book+map, Sunset Riders, Super Mario RPG w/book, Wolfenstein3D, and Wild Guns.

I have mostly Nintendo stuff, but I also do have a Master System and I got some of the gems for that of value like Golden Axe Warrior CIB, Land of Illusion CIB, Streets of Rage, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Phantasy Star CIB, Ys Vanished Omens CIB, Lucky Dime Caper CIB, Wonderboy III CIB, and some others much NTSC and some PAL only gems.

I just have a bunch of older 8/16bit games and stuff from all lives of the Gameboy. I keep a list if you care to peek at it: http://tanooki.batcave.net/gameinventory.html
    Lot of great SNES stuff there! I checked that list... I saw you picked up Mega Man X2 and X3, I've been searching for those for so long. How much did you pay?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I own one of the arcade development units that Midway used to make NBA Jam, NHL Open Ice and Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game on. There were two that I know of, and my buddy got the other one.

If that doesn't count, I am one of the three people who own a Midwest Gaming Classic NES developers showcase cartridge from the 2011 show. They made three, gave me one for hosting them, and the other two were kept by the guys hosting the display I believe. One of them was offered $3,000 at the show to sell his. He didn't.

I also wouldn't sell mine. It's too cool.

For production stuff, I guess it would either be SNES Star Fox Competition Cart w/ bomber jacket, Jaguar BattleSphere Gold or, what I think may actually be rarer than both of those, my Super A'Can games.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan View Post
    I own one of the arcade development units that Midway used to make NBA Jam, NHL Open Ice and Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game on. There were two that I know of, and my buddy got the other one.

If that doesn't count, I am one of the three people who own a Midwest Gaming Classic NES developers showcase cartridge from the 2011 show. They made three, gave me one for hosting them, and the other two were kept by the guys hosting the display I believe. One of them was offered $3,000 at the show to sell his. He didn't.

I also wouldn't sell mine. It's too cool.

For production stuff, I guess it would either be SNES Star Fox Competition Cart w/ bomber jacket, Jaguar BattleSphere Gold or, what I think may actually be rarer than both of those, my Super A'Can games.
    !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well MMX3 came in a lot with 27 games, system, 2 controllers and the wires for $150 locally. I had to go an interesting way around that one to get it, being honest and warning the dude about the predatory assholes in my town. Between my first call and warning him, to getting the wife to take care of the baby and call 2, his email, mobile phone box both filled, and pricks all asking just for MMX3 and many offering just $10 as a GOOD deal on it. He was furious, and was thankful I called back and was so honest, and most of all, happy I didn't treat him like a transaction or a piece of meat and actually had a conversation. Despite knowing the game was worth around $80, he still kept the price, and even brought it to me the following day late morning instead of me going to get it the following evening. I kept MMX3 from that, also King of Dragons and DKC3 (and World Heroes a cheapie.) The rest I'm trying to turn over to get my cash back as $150 isn't easy for me on my current budget.

MMX2 was a pick up from a nice guy on NintendoAge. I got it and Hogan's Alley for $22 shipped, but the MMX2 cart ended up being loaded with coke and other crap inside that took like an hour almost to clean out, and he felt guilty and pretty much demanded out of guilt to offer me $10 back. I kept saying it wasn't necessary but he did it...so I got MMX2+HA for $12 shipped.

I tend to have a golden rule with used games, I won't pay over the original retail price ($50.) Wild Guns and EVO I got around Dec/Jan for $50 each, they're my most expensive grabs, NGT being second at $40.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Genesis
    CIB Splatterhouse 2 and 3

Unless we count JAMMA boards of which the only one I have is I presume fairly rare as I haven't seen too many of them mentioned for sale.
    Splatterhouse
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Well MMX3 came in a lot with 27 games, system, 2 controllers and the wires for $150 locally. I had to go an interesting way around that one to get it, being honest and warning the dude about the predatory assholes in my town. Between my first call and warning him, to getting the wife to take care of the baby and call 2, his email, mobile phone box both filled, and pricks all asking just for MMX3 and many offering just $10 as a GOOD deal on it. He was furious, and was thankful I called back and was so honest, and most of all, happy I didn't treat him like a transaction or a piece of meat and actually had a conversation. Despite knowing the game was worth around $80, he still kept the price, and even brought it to me the following day late morning instead of me going to get it the following evening. I kept MMX3 from that, also King of Dragons and DKC3 (and World Heroes a cheapie.) The rest I'm trying to turn over to get my cash back as $150 isn't easy for me on my current budget.

MMX2 was a pick up from a nice guy on NintendoAge. I got it and Hogan's Alley for $22 shipped, but the MMX2 cart ended up being loaded with coke and other crap inside that took like an hour almost to clean out, and he felt guilty and pretty much demanded out of guilt to offer me $10 back. I kept saying it wasn't necessary but he did it...so I got MMX2+HA for $12 shipped.

I tend to have a golden rule with used games, I won't pay over the original retail price ($50.) Wild Guns and EVO I got around Dec/Jan for $50 each, they're my most expensive grabs, NGT being second at $40.
    wow... thats ubelieveable. I keep hoping to come across a deal like that one day, I just can't seem to track them down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES:
    TMNT Tournament Fighters (cart only)
    Sunday Funday (cart only)
    Qix (cart only)
    Hatris (cart only)
    Race America (cart only)
    Galaxy 5000 (boxed)

Genesis:
    Joshua: The Battle of Jericho (cart only)

SNES:
    Fun 'n Games (cart only)
    Oscar (cart only)
    Zero: The Kamikaze Squirrel (cart only)

PlayStation:
    In the Hunt (complete, longbox)
    RayStorm (complete)
    True Pinball (complete)
    Motor Toon Grand Prix (complete)
    Punky Skunk (complete)

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BricatSegaFan View Post
    For some reason I thought the thread was labeled racist games. Meh I must be tired

It's because that's what you wanted to see

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snes:
    Ardy Lightfoot - Boxed
    Hurricanes - Complete
    Kid Kleetz - Complete
    Fun n Games - Complete
    Chavez 2 - Boxed
    Snow White - Complete
    Bebe's Kids - Boxed
    Aero Fighters - Loose

Genesis:
    Joshua - Complete
    Splatterhouse 2/3 - Complete
    Moonwalker
    Madden Championship Edition - Complete

N64
    Stunt Racer 64 - Complete
    Super Bowling - Complete
    ISS 2000 - Boxed
    Sculptor's Cut - Loose
    Tax Express - With Manual

Nes:
    Wacky Races - Loose
    Sword Master - Loose
    Namco Pacman - Complete

Game Boy Color:
    Xena - Complete
    International Rally - Complete
    Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine - Complete
    Playmobile Laura - Complete

PS1:
    Fox Hunt
    Last edited by Doonzmore; 08-18-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think some folks are confusing rare with expensive. Lots of the games that I see on these lists aren't rare at all, just expensive on eBay at the moment.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The title may ask for rarest games, but Space-Ace-13 goes on to ask for rarest and/or most expensive games.