Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Video Game Trader store in Buford, GA + exclusive grand opening party

Cherry (Level 1) videogametrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Video Game Trader store in Buford, GA + exclusive grand opening party

Hello everyone,

Within a week or two Video Game Trader will be opening a new store in Burford, GA. We are in the final stages of securing our space on Buford Highway. We will be selling video games from the 1970's to today, with an emphasis on the retro games and consoles. In our plans in also a Gaming area where we will have multiple flat screens and will hold weekly tournaments. This game center will probably open after Christmas.

We are planning a grand opening party, but would have limited room (fire regulations). So if you would like to attend this invitation only event, please private message me. You can also email me at vgtradernj at gmail dot com

If you are part of a band that can play video game themes and mixes, or DJ and want some free exposure, please contact me as we may have live music.

We will also be giving away coupons and copies of our magazine. We will be treating this like a mini video game expo, so feel free to bring some fodder to sell and trade.

If all goes well, we will hold events like this monthly, or quarterly.

Thanks,

Tom Sansone
    www.videogametrader.com
    www.vgtradermag.com
    ========================
    Video Game Trader Magazine & Price Guide. Keeping classic video games... alive!

Subscribe for 4 quarterly issues only $29.99. Subscribe @ www.VGTraderMag.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Congratulations on the new store and good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitgamer View Post
    Congratulations on the new store and good luck!
    Thanks! Much appreciated.

Here is what our space looks like and what our new sign will look like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vgt.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	5596
    ========================

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok wow this is a surprise i live in buford. where at on buford HWY is the location?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Will there be hot chicks and booze? Or at least an Atari set up for free play?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack7 View Post
    ok wow this is a surprise i live in buford. where at on buford HWY is the location?
    Located at 1328 Buford Highway. We are in the strip mall with Sears.

I am going to be there all week, for the most part, setting up. Come pay a visit if you like.
    ========================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    Will there be hot chicks and booze? Or at least an Atari set up for free play?
    No Booze. But possibly hot chicks, if they see my posts and want to come. Not sure if i will have any game setups, depends on how much time i have to prepare everything.
    ========================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update.

The address is:

1328 Buford Highway, Suite 116, Buford GA 30518 (Some GPSs show it to be in Sugar Hill). It is in the same strip mall as Sears.

The phone number will be (770)271-0112. It wont be active till tomorrow.

As always the website is www.VideoGameTrader.com.

I will be there most of the time this week unpacking and shipping internet orders. If anyone wants to stop by and say hi, please feel free.
    ========================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Our temporary sign (banner) is now up. I should be in the store every day next week packing orders and setting up fixtures.

Anyone who wants to stop buy, feel free. Already had some visitors from NintendoAge.
    ========================

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

u guys hiring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

u guys hiring?
    Probably in a month or two. Need to get situated first. Will probably need someone a few hours a day to pack and ship orders.

However, we are always looking for scavengers.. people interested in flipping their garage sale/flea market finds. In NJ we had a few people who would flip us stuff almost daily and we paid a premium to those that constantly supplied us merchandise. If anyone is interested in that please let me know.
    ========================

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by videogametrader View Post
    Probably in a month or two. Need to get situated first. Will probably need someone a few hours a day to pack and ship orders.
    Im interested in that i live down the street and use to work at the buford play n trade before it went under

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im interested in that i live down the street and use to work at the buford play n trade before it went under
    We would be happy to have you stop by and say hello. Probably wont be hiring for another month or two at least.
    ========================

Insert Coin (Level 0) Johnny Nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I wish we had a retro game store where I live. There use to be a Play N Trade in Brunswick Ga,
    (About 45 mins. from me) but they went out of business. I know I could probably google this, but where is Buford? I'm in South East GA, near Savannah, is it near Savannah?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Nintendo View Post
    Man, I wish we had a retro game store where I live. There use to be a Play N Trade in Brunswick Ga,
    (About 45 mins. from me) but they went out of business. I know I could probably google this, but where is Buford? I'm in South East GA, near Savannah, is it near Savannah?
    Youre about 3 hours away bro. the brunswick store went down too? hell there use to be Play N Trades everywhere. one in Norcross, Tucker, 2 in Buford where I worked, 1 in Dacula, and the only one still standing is the one in gainesville, and they do VERY well.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Johnny Nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only place close to me that consistently has retro games is Kellers Flea Market in Savannah. The bad part about that is there's a seller there that always has piles of games, but if it has Mario on the cartridge expect to pay no less than $15.00. Seriously, she has copies of Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt priced at $15.00! On the upside, she occasionally has harder to find NES games like Dragon Warrior IV for $10.00. Pure Insanity!
    (Sorry, I just realized I was getting a little off topic, and started ranting.) Anyways, I hope I can stop by your store next time I head that way.
    Last edited by Johnny Nintendo; 09-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Nintendo View Post
    Buford is more North-East of Atlanta.

The exact address of the store is 1328 Buford Highway, Suite 116, Buford GA 30518
    ========================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default We are now unofficially, officially open :)

Ok, So we don't have our actual light-up sign installed yet (there is a banner up) and we still have some organization and decorating of the inside of the store to do, but we are now open!

1328 Buford Highway, Suite 116, Buford GA 30518 (Next to Sears)
    Our hours are: Monday - Thursday 10am - 8pm and Friday-Saturday 11am - 9pm. We are closed on Sunday.

We are still planning a "party" but i think we are going to have this in January. Stay Tuned.
    ========================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am pleased to finally be able to make this announcement:

After much negotiation, J2Games.com LLC, the leader in online classic videogame sales, has agreed to a merger with Video Game Trader LLC, the other leading online video game retailer and magazine.

Under the new agreement and upcoming new branding, the new company is pleased to bring you the following:

1. Increased presence online via J2Games.com and Videogametrader.com websites with over 17,000 videogame related games, systems and accessories for sale!

2. Continue print presence with the Quarterly printed Video Game Trader magazine and price guide as well as the monthly Video Game Trader online magazine

3. The first of the new retail game stores WITH gaming center (all MLG spec’d equipment) – first store opening in Buford, Georgia Sept 2012 (with gaming center coming in 2013), with others to follow.

4. Continued online presence via Amazon.com and eBay branded stores.

5. Locator service for those hard to find items.

We hope you are as excited about this partnership as we are. We look forward to helping our customers and collectors find the items they most seek. Official grand opening details to follow.

Happy Gaming!

Jay – J2Games.com
    Tom – Videogametrader.com
    ========================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Best of luck to both you and Jay, Tom. Hopefully you guys will help up each others game and really move forward. It'd be great to see J2 move back towards its former glory.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com