Thread: New Mega Man Game Announced for North America and Europe (Mega Man CrossOver)

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default New Mega Man Game Announced for North America and Europe (Mega Man CrossOver)

Holy carp-bot, a new Mega Man game called Mega Man CrossOver!

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/08/...unced-for-ios/

The short description: it is a "social RPG" for iOS (requires iPhone 3GS or newer hardware) taking place in a "new" Mega Man universe which is supposed to star all the major Mega Man heroes and villains. Basically, all the big bads (Wily, Sigma, etc.) have, in this reality, converged their respective realities all into one place for some evil plot or other. Dr. Light, Dr. Cossack, and their crew have created a "production line" class of new Mega Mans (men?) to stop this menace.

Players play as these mass-produced Megas, gaining levels as they defeat enemies and such. The game is played with the touch screen using virtual action buttons on the right side including jump, shoot, and special. Graphics are like those from the iOS Mega Man X remake. See the above link for screenshots of the stages and enemies, the logo, and a new Mega Man artwork. It is being created by Japanese (presumably CAPCOM) staff.

Thoughts? I am personally glad there's a new Mega Man game (One which isn't just a cameo for a change. *sigh*), but I won't be buying nor playing Mega Man CrossOver. Based on these screen captures, it is one of those running games - you know the genre, where your player character just keeps automatically moving forward and all your can control are actions like jump, duck, or shoot but not its movement. Even more worryingly, it looks like the stages are randomly generated and simple, with no walls and no ceilings. Also the game has an AutoPlay button and that is never reassuring. And I think "social RPG" is marketing jargon for, "take forever to level up with repetitive stages and enemies unless you buy our In-App Purchases."

But who knows? It could fun as a free mobile game you just flick on for a few minutes while waiting in a lobby or to pass the time until a movie starts.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Waiting for a Mega Man/Phoenix Wright crossover.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The problem with that is when Mega Man points, he points a gun at you, and it is difficult to argue with a man or a machine with a gun pointed at you.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Didn't they decide Phoenix Wright wasn't worth making anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    The problem with that is when Mega Man points, he points a gun at you, and it is difficult to argue with a man or a machine with a gun pointed at you.
    He could be the defendent....charged with murdering Dr. Light!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Didn't they decide Phoenix Wright wasn't worth making anymore?
    There's a crossover with Professor Layton coming out later this year, at least in Japan. The franchise isn't dead yet.

JOEY Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This fucking pisses me off. Why is it so hard to make a legit Megaman game? They did it with 9 and 10. I'd buy a new megaman game in an instant if it's even one shred as good as the old series. I don't see why they can't either continue the main series, the X series, or Legends games. Capcom fucks up all their franchises so why should I be suprised. The whole concept of this sounds like shit and it dissapoints me to no end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Beat me to it SamSpade for sure. I've got 1-6, X1-3, and MML1(as MM64) and I'd love to see a continuation of some of those, especially Legends as I don't think it got enough of a fair shake as the sequel was weak and that was it. Crap...err Capcom just doesn't get it, hasn't in a lot of years, and even the man who made Mega Man got sick of their ignorance and bailed too.

This game doesn't look horrible by any means, but I bet they could do better if they really wanted to try. I do have an ipad though so I may grab it out of curiosity when the time comes.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Captain Picard! I need you!!!!

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samspade View Post
    This fucking pisses me off. Why is it so hard to make a legit Megaman game? They did it with 9 and 10. I'd buy a new megaman game in an instant if it's even one shred as good as the old series. I don't see why they can't either continue the main series, the X series, or Legends games. Capcom fucks up all their franchises so why should I be suprised. The whole concept of this sounds like shit and it dissapoints me to no end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Beat me to it SamSpade for sure. I've got 1-6, X1-3, and MML1(as MM64) and I'd love to see a continuation of some of those, especially Legends as I don't think it got enough of a fair shake as the sequel was weak and that was it. Crap...err Capcom just doesn't get it, hasn't in a lot of years, and even the man who made Mega Man got sick of their ignorance and bailed too.

This game doesn't look horrible by any means, but I bet they could do better if they really wanted to try. I do have an ipad though so I may grab it out of curiosity when the time comes.
    I also think they need to release a new console Megaman game. Have you seen prices for some of the console games lately? Even the PS1 games(as well as the demo) are rising. Capcom is literally sitting on free money.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes and I agree. I have seen the values and most of the NES/SNES era stuff is downright scary.

MM1-40, MM2->4 $15+, MM5-$40, MM6-$20-25. MM7-$60+, MMX1-$15, MMX2-$50, MMX3-$100-110. This is just assuming great shape and cart only. You want to get into paper, might as well get the vaseline out. I know MMX3 with it all in nice complete shape is in the mid $300 range currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Yes and I agree. I have seen the values and most of the NES/SNES era stuff is downright scary.

MM1-40, MM2->4 $15+, MM5-$40, MM6-$20-25. MM7-$60+, MMX1-$15, MMX2-$50, MMX3-$100-110. This is just assuming great shape and cart only. You want to get into paper, might as well get the vaseline out. I know MMX3 with it all in nice complete shape is in the mid $300 range currently.
    Id gladly pay that for a quality megaman game than a half baked iOS game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm sure a lot probably would, and do looking at those rates or they'd drop instead of slowly increasing.

I for one wouldn't, but I'm price sensitive. I just lucked into MM5 for $20 a month ago, and 2 weeks ago I got MMX3 in a lot for $150 which I kept 4 games out of and just sold the deck with the 22 others for $200. MMX2 I got a copy with poorer quality plastic molding but solid otherwise for $10. I can't complain.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I know what you mean. Based on today's eBay prices, I'm glad I bought Mega Man Legends 1 and MML2 back in the day when they were new. I also bought The Misadventures of Tron Bonne a few years ago - about a year or two before MML3 was announced - on account of fondness for the two MML games and wanting to complete the set. I'm glad I did: not only was the game a good and quirky addition, but today TMoTB goes for $85-$200 (complete), a MML2-demo-only copy (no game itself) goes for $56, and a disc-only copy for $50! Heck, even import copies from Japan or the UK go for $30-$40. It's a good game, but I don't think I'd part with $150 for a copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah it has gotten stupid. It's now beyond how good the game is, it's like the comics and baseball cards run up of the late 80s that killed them both in the early 90s. People see a niche market with fun stuff and people in it, some start to hoard and grade, others do this plus open up shop on or offline and start jacking up prices. Some get sketchy and start making runs on games to scare(literally) up people so they'll buy at inflated prices that then become the norm and it keeps going. It's sick and sad, but it's a bubble now that's expanding, eventually it will blow up in everyones faces when like those other items did. All but the honestly and truly rare stuff cratered in value horribly and the rares did anything from backpedal a little to staying up there due to honesty factor.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't believe they'd release something that looks so bare-bones. What was it that Capcom used to print in their manuals, something about being "the leading producer of quality arcade and home entertainment software?" What happened?

It's pretty sad when even the fan games surpass what Capcom is doing. Pretty much anything fan-made in Flash ten years ago looks better than this project. I'm just glad we have the new comic from Archie, now in its second year. It's not the same as proper console releases, but I'm thankful for it nonetheless.