Thread: SM's Top 100 GameBoy/GameBoy Color Games of All Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Was a bit disappointed getting cutoff early in the countdown, will it ever get finished? Didn't understand how Resident Evil got on the list though. Considering it's not even a finished game, just a prototype.
    Uh, the list hasn't been cutoff or anything. I JUST posted part 4, #70-61 a few hours ago. Each part takes me roughly a month to finish. Like the top 100 before it, this will be finished in several months time.

As for the RE Prototype, I explained why it's in the top 100 in the "why you should play it" section. The game is 90% finished, and there's a bugfix patch for it. Even unfinished it's extremely impressive for the GBC. If it were finished, it would have placed much higher, but as it stands I feel it belongs where it does.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Uh, the list hasn't been cutoff or anything. I JUST posted part 4, #70-61 a few hours ago. Each part takes me roughly a month to finish. Like the top 100 before it, this will be finished in several months time.

As for the RE Prototype, I explained why it's in the top 100 in the "why you should play it" section. The game is 90% finished, and there's a bugfix patch for it. Even unfinished it's extremely impressive for the GBC. If it were finished, it would have placed much higher, but as it stands I feel it belongs where it does.
    Are you ever planning on finishing this? This list is awesome so far but would love to see it completed.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Actually yes, I have plans for this, but I've decided that I'm going to split this series into two editorial lists - Top 100 DMG GameBoy/Super GameBoy, and Top 100 GameBoy Color.

The reason is because although they share much in common, the GameBoy and GameBoy Color are actually different systems. Therefore, its unfair to directly compare the libraries, as the GB was at quite a disadvantage in terms of hardware specs.

I'm waiting on Wiggy to see about banners!
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Actually yes, I have plans for this, but I've decided that I'm going to split this series into two editorial lists - Top 100 DMG GameBoy/Super GameBoy, and Top 100 GameBoy Color.

The reason is because although they share much in common, the GameBoy and GameBoy Color are actually different systems. Therefore, its unfair to directly compare the libraries, as the GB was at quite a disadvantage in terms of hardware specs.

I'm waiting on Wiggy to see about banners!

That seems incredibly ambitious. Well hope you do, there's an extreme lack of insight into either of these systems library online outside of the typical Nintendo library. Look forward to it. I haven't posted on Digital Press for years, so goes to show how much I'd like to see this.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.