As I write the Wrapup this week, a black and white Havanese dog sits on my lap. His name is Charlie, and for the first time in years, I'm responsible for a dog for a weekend. At first, taking Charlie in swept me out of my comfort zone, but since he's a dog I'm already acquainted with, we're best buds now.

That sense of friendship between people and pets is a special one, but what about its translation in the land of video games? Pets like Angelo from Final Fantasy VIII and King from EarthBound have fought beside their owners. Some take on even more skills, such as the player's dog in Fable 2. Other pets laugh at your misfortunes, as infamously seen in Duck Hunt. Even an unreleased game like The Last Guardian, which is centered around the friendship between a boy and a gigantic creature, has players already worried about the creature's fate.

Pets and players have an interesting and varying bond, but a bond nonetheless. If you have one, cuddle up with your pet while checking out last week's webcomics, and then vote for your favorite after the break!

Touchdown (Dave the Direman)
Print is dead long live print (Fanboys Online)
Retreated Rarity (Hejibits)
Lost Opportunity (Nerf Now!!)
Warped (Awkward Zombie)
Thief 3 Dilemma (Dorkly)
Civilization (Blow the Cartridge)
Shaken, Not Stirred (Life in Aggro)Continue reading Weekly Webcomic Wrapup is woof woof woof
Weekly Webcomic Wrapup is woof woof woof originally appeared on Joystiq on Sat, 25 Aug 2012 23:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments