Thread: Walking Dead Episode 3 hits today on PSN, tomorrow on XBLM, PC, and Mac [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Walking Dead Episode 3 hits today on PSN, tomorrow on XBLM, PC, and Mac [Joystiq]

The Walking Dead: Episode Three: Long Road Ahead arrives on PSN today, and tomorrow on XBLM, PC, and Mac. The PSN price is $4.99, while on XBLM it's 400 MS points. PC and Mac players will have access through Telltale's Season Pass or various online portals, including Steam. International release dates remain unconfirmed, though Telltale Games hopes to have word on that soon.

Telltale announced the news after yesterday teasing the next episode of the zombie-stuffed adventure would drop "very soon." Meanwhile, iOS shuffles along just behind the pack, with Episode Two releasing as an in-app purchase for the Walking Dead game tomorrow.Walking Dead Episode 3 hits today on PSN, tomorrow on XBLM, PC, and Mac originally appeared on Joystiq on Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Oh, goody, mental note to hop on later and download it.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Anybody else playing on PSN?

Not sure how to explain this, but anybody notice that the PSN versions seem to have issues with smoothly "streaming" the choice-based-content into the cinematic videos that are compiled on the fly (namely the "previously on Walking Dead" and "next time on Walking Dead")?

That is, videos where if a character is dead or you made some kind of friendship/leadership choice that it would insert a specific line of dialog or animation.

I find that those in particular are really choppy/laggy/obviously flawed from a coding standpoint. Is it like this on the PC/360 versions as well?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Anybody else playing on PSN?

Not sure how to explain this, but anybody notice that the PSN versions seem to have issues with smoothly "streaming" the choice-based-content into the cinematic videos that are compiled on the fly (namely the "previously on Walking Dead" and "next time on Walking Dead")?

That is, videos where if a character is dead or you made some kind of friendship/leadership choice that it would insert a specific line of dialog or animation.

I find that those in particular are really choppy/laggy/obviously flawed from a coding standpoint. Is it like this on the PC/360 versions as well?
    Yes, all of this. I also notice some lagging issues at certain points that has gotten me killed more than once.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

UGH, my decisions in Episode 3 did NOT go well.

Everybody I cared about is dead and/or out of the group for one reason or another. I know I could do the "rewind" feature and play the episode over with different choices, but I'd rather everything be organic.

It's really interesting, for as little as there is in this series in terms of puzzles and action (next to none in comparison to other TellTale games) the REAL draw is just affecting the liquidity of the story and the group dynamic. It's about 80% interactive comic book and 20% traditional point/click.

Great stuff. Can't wait for the next episode, however, I WISH that TellTale would allow PS3 owners to DELETE individual episodes off the HDD once they're finished. I have limited drive real estate on my 60 gig, and 5 episodes is going to be pretty big when everything is said and done. It's a real PITA to delete everything, re-download Episode 1 and then the next individual episode every time that I want to free up space.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"