Anyone play this yet?

I did not like Madden on the PSP or 3DS

I am hoping it has all the playbooks that the Ps3 version has

Any imput would be appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've played the demo quite a bit. Here is my take on it.

1. The actual gameplay is "decent"

2. The cut scenes and replays are so stuttery / jittery.. Very distracting. Not sure if you can turn them off in the real game.

3. The graphics are somewhat impressive.

Basically, my biggest problem with the game is all the inbetween plays stuff. It's so unresponsive, and laggy during the replays, and cinematics. The gameplay is "ok", but the players seem to kind of skate around, slightly above the surface of the field.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

I reviewed this one not too long ago:

http://cgrempire.com/2012/09/madden-...ystation-vita/

The short of it is that it's glitchy, buggy, and sloppy, but serviceable for a first year try. It had some hilarious graphical glitches, only one of which I was quick enough to catch unfortunately:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-03-183837.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	5741

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    I reviewed this one not too long ago:

http://cgrempire.com/2012/09/madden-...ystation-vita/

The short of it is that it's glitchy, buggy, and sloppy, but serviceable for a first year try. It had some hilarious graphical glitches, only one of which I was quick enough to catch unfortunately:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-03-183837.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	5741
    Is there a way to just turn off the replays altogether? Any way to lessen the glitchyness ?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
    This seems all too common for EAs first sports titles on a platform (i.e. their first Madden, NHL, FIFA, etc.), especially if the game launches close to the hardware (not the case here but whatever).

So much so that I find myself avoiding their first efforts on a new machine.

My guess (and it's a total guess) is that they rush it out by porting it from somewhere else for year 1 just to get it out there. By year 2 they've been developing it properly on the platform in question so you get a better game.

Case in point was the first NHL game way back for PS2. It resembled the Vita Madden, in that it was decent but glitchy. NHL 2002 blew it away in terms of quality. I expect next year's Madden to follow the same pattern, assuming they stick with the Vita.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    This seems all too common for EAs first sports titles on a platform (i.e. their first Madden, NHL, FIFA, etc.), especially if the game launches close to the hardware (not the case here but whatever).

Yeah, that is normally the case when it comes to EA Sports launch games, but the first Fifa Soccer on PS Vita is absolutely outstanding. I'm talking about the one that launched with the system originally. It was just called "Fifa Soccer". They didn't call it Fifa 12 or anything. It basically plays like a portable version of Fifa 11 on the PS3, but it's absolutely outstanding. The gameplay is damn near perfect. If the Madden port was even half way as good as that, everything would be fine. Unfortunately the game engine for Madden on Vita, just isn't running very good.

You'd hope they'd get a patch or something.

By the way, in regards to Fifa on Vita. I must mention that the first one doesn't have Ad hoc wireless support for playing locally off the internet, which does really suck. I went on a camping trip recently, and my son has a vita, and we got a extra copy of Fifa, and we couldn't play each other because it didn't have ad hoc support. We would have needed to been within range of a wi-fi hotspot or something. Can't understand how EA could leave out such a crucial feature. I have no idea if Fifa 13 on vita supports ad hoc or not. Also, not sure if Madden supports it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just wanted to comment on a couple of things I've heard about Madden for Vita.

1. I've heard there is a new patch for it. The way i understand it, is that the patch helps "somewhat". Supposedly the game is much better after the patch, but still not as good as it should be.

2. You can get this game on Ebay for about $17 or $18 if you're patient. $23 if you're not patient. I'm talking about shipped price. Not too shabby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the Madden 13 Vita bundle, and downloaded the patch as soon as I installed it. It has run without a hitch and I actually find it quite enjoyable. I personally think it's a damn good football game, especially for a handheld! I rated it 4 out of 5 stars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I ended up getting the game via Ebay for $10.13 shipped. I was pretty amazed that I got it for so cheap. I was wondering if the guy would actually ship the game or not. Got it about a week ago, and I've been playing it, and it does play quite a bit better than the demo did. Not as choppy and hitchy. It's still not perfect, but for 10 bucks I'm not complaining