Thread: What do you think of my Colecovision & Atari 2600 collection?

Insert Coin (Level 0) WispFollower's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What do you think of my Colecovision & Atari 2600 collection?

Hello all. I joined this place, because nobody I know collects games like I do. I came here hoping to get some reactions and opinions from people who can appreciate these items. The collection I am posting today consists of Colecovision items with some Atari 2600 items. Please let me know what you think. If anyone knows values on some of these items, I would be interested in those, as some of these were hard to find a lot of price data on. Thanks for reading. Now, photos.

I'll start with broad overviews.

Accessories are up next. Some are new in box.

I have another Videostak case not pictured.

Here are a few empty boxes.

These next games are complete in box.

Galaxian, like most of these, is in excellent condition..

Tax Avoiders is in great shape. The original plastic just has a thick layer of dust. Keystone Kapers is the same deal, but with tape.

The tape on the sunrise games is in the process of being removed. I successfully removed it and its residue from Campaign '84. It took a lot of work, so that's why it is only partially removed on Mountain King. I needed a break..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wizard of Id is slightly dirty on the outside, but it is complete with everything inside in immaculate condition.

Sorry for the repeats in this one, but I think it's the only pic I snapped of Threshold and Spy Hunter.

It's time for the new and sealed games.

I think that covers the boxed stuff I have for Colecivision and Atari 2600. I have some more cartridges, various storage cases, and manuals but it's been a crazy few days, and I think this is enough camera work for now. Thanks for viewing.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Awesome!!,nice collection!!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Your Coleco collection is amazing. It's really hard to put a monetary value on anything without more detailed photos and information about condition. I can say that your sealed Atari stuff is all common, especially with the flood of stuff from Venezuela recently. The Bernstain Bears Kid Vid still goes for $200 or so sealed even though there are quite a few of them out there from John Hardie's find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you, I appreciate it. It is nice to hear these are some good items, as I am much more knowledgeable on NES, SNES, and Intellivision (which I've got some great items for as well including Stadium Mud Buggies). Believe it or not, this was all found in the wild- even Mud Buggies! As for condition, a good majority of the boxes are almost flawless. I got excited about the condition, as many of these were hard to find online at all, let alone so well kept.

If anyone is wondering about any particular item(s), just let me know, and more information can be shared.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Badhornet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I collect for the 2600 and Colecovision, and you have a nice collection with some great boxed titles.
    The 8 Bit Wonder

Follow me on Twitter: Ataritexas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Instant nerdgasm on those boxed Atari and CV goodies. Great collection sir. Fantastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Collection"??? That's more of a museum exhibit than a collection. Good heavens, man, that is a beautiful ocean of 2nd generation goodness that you have there. Well done, WispFollower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys. I am definitely one of the luckiest collectors in history. I got all of this stuff and even more that is not displayed here in the same place. I felt like I had won the collector's lottery. It was intense for sure. When I have some time, I will take pictures of everything else, as there are more great items for a few other systems I would like some information on which had no Ebay history I could find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WispFollower View Post
    Thanks guys. I am definitely one of the luckiest collectors in history. I got all of this stuff and even more that is not displayed here in the same place. I felt like I had won the collector's lottery. It was intense for sure. When I have some time, I will take pictures of everything else, as there are more great items for a few other systems I would like some information on which had no Ebay history I could find.
    Sounds like a great story. We love those kind of stories around here. . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Sounds like a great story. We love those kind of stories around here. . .
    Yes we do! Even the ones that make our heads explode with envy! Holy crap that's some nice stuff - beyond words - and if it all came from ONE find??? I need to start making out my will....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was a fraction of a bounty from a video game hoarder who just died. His sister was apparently giving and throwing away a lot of stuff. The guy at the store where I got all this told me there were two and a half houses full of stuff. I wish I could go pick through it all. Oh well, I got a pretty good haul. I'm still going through all the items I got. just found this which I forgot to include in the original photos.

I'm not sure if it's anything special, but I like complete games.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WispFollower View Post
    It was a fraction of a bounty from a video game hoarder who just died. His sister was apparently giving and throwing away a lot of stuff. The guy at the store where I got all this told me there were two and a half houses full of stuff. I wish I could go pick through it all. Oh well, I got a pretty good haul. I'm still going through all the items I got. just found this which I forgot to include in the original photos.
    Where about was all this located? It kind of sounds familiar if it was from awhile back, not just recently. Or it's a very similar situation to what I heard of.

I also don't remember Chuck Norris ever being clean shaven, really nice stuff though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This occurred in the midwestern U.S. I'm guessing he died recently, as it sounds like his sister was trashing stuff asap so she could sell the house. I posted these pictures on the third and final night of my frenzied purchasing. I started with a little on the first day, thinking I was only going to buy some sealed nes and snes games with some Intellivision games. Of course, after thinking it over, I realized I couldn't leave so many treasures and went back for a load twice as large. Then, after another sleepless night, I said, "Bank account be damned!" and went back for yet a larger stack.

It is tempting to sell a few things to recoup some cash, especially since yesterday I saw a copy of Dragonfire go for just over $200. However, I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Now, all I need is a Colecovision, as I am itching to play these games! Does anyone have any suggestions on which games are the most fun in this lot?

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That is a great story and an amazing collection. Very NICE!