Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Default Some Old E3 Rarities

I've been going through a lot of my stuff that's been sitting in storage for years in the hopes of downsizing a bit and making some money in the process. I have three items today, two of which I believe to be especially rare, that I hope I can get some estimates for and interest in.

First up is a Tekken 3 metal personal organizer I won during a Tekken 3 contest at Namco's booth at, I think, E3 99.

Next up are autographed trading cards that were produced for a Sega party back during E3 2002. Attendees were given the cards and then went around to various stations where the Sega icons were seated and got them autographed. This isn't a full set, and I'm not sure which ones I'm missing. I do have the big name ones like Yuji Naki and Yu Suzuki though. The ones I have are Greg Thomas, Takayuki Kawagoe, Noriyoshi Ohba, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Hisao Oguchi, Yuji Naka, and Yu Suzuki.

Lastly, I have a pair of unused Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando boxer shorts which come in a shiny silver pouch with velcro seal.

My apologies in advance for the quality of the pics and that some are sideways. I'm not too skilled with my tablet's camera.

Cheers,

Hawksmoor
    Last edited by Hawksmoor; 08-31-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

The images don't seem to be showing, but when I click on one and select "show image in new tab" it pulls up just fine. Anybody know what I did wrong?

I thought it was [IMG]URL[/IMG] to embed pics. Am I mistaken?
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Your link code is wrong. Go to your dropbox folder on your computer. Make sure these files are on the "Public" subfolder, then right click them, choose Dropbox - copy public link. That link can be used to embed the images.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Your link code is wrong. Go to your dropbox folder on your computer. Make sure these files are on the "Public" subfolder, then right click them, choose Dropbox - copy public link. That link can be used to embed the images.
    Thanks Kitsune. Much appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Anybody? It's not as though this stuff shows up on a regular basis, so I could really use some help estimating the values.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmoor View Post
    Anybody? It's not as though this stuff shows up on a regular basis, so I could really use some help estimating the values.
    Because they don't show up regularly it's much more difficult to properly gauge a price estimate. However, I'm going to give you the same advice I would give myself if I had these to sell. You already know they are rare, which is why they can't currently be found on ebay or amazon. And you obviously want to make some money off of them. So don't be afraid to just throw them up on ebay with a high buy it now price and let them get some views while picking up interest. I would put them all up for atleast $50-$100 each. If they have to sit there for awhile so be it. As long as they are the only ones around that kind of helps justify whatever price you ask for them, as long as it's not too ridiculously high. Atleast thats what I would do.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

I think the only thing that is worth a whole lot is going to be the autographed cards. The rest of it regular old swag, and while every now and then something is worth a bit more often then not the prices range from $5-$15 on average. I'm sitting on like 15 boxes of E3 swag from the past 8 years. Most of it isn't even worth listing. I usually sell swag by the bulk per box on craigslist it gets a better prices that way and there is always some young collector looking a box of stuff they can't normally get their hands on.

Side Note if those cards a actually autographed you might get some decent bids. I know a few people that are huge Sega fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Huge Sega fan here, I'm jelly over those signed cards and I'm sure you could probably do well with them.

I'd do small 2-3 card sets on them though, put a big name with the lesser known folks in each pair/set if you decide to list them.