Over the course of the last year or so i've had to sell off my entire snes collection as well as many other classic consoles and games...with the snes stuff being the bulk and my personal favorite. This has been unfortunate for me but has been necessary due to life financial circumstances. I have twin boys, a wife, a mortgage, student loans, etc.... I'm sure many of you have been in similar situations. It gets to the point where there's just not enough income to support outgoing monthly bills...so i had to sell my stuff and did so proudly because i knew i was taking care of my family.

anyway, things are starting to look better financially and i've decided to ...try...to re obtain my snes collection. however, i dont think i'm going to try to get all 130 or so games including all the high profile/high value rpg carts i had. I really think i'm going to be as modest as i can and just get the classics that i really enjoyed.

i guess my question is have any of you ever had to sell "it all" and how has that affected you? did you try to re buy all your stuff later on and what avenues did you use? ebay? garage sells? any particular websites? did you set a budget this time?

i can honestly say i didnt even miss my snes until just recently when i was looking at a few reviews on youtube. i do think however, i will never try to get any of the other classic systems i had..and i had them all.