Thread: Guild Wars 2 tiptoes past Sleeping Dogs for UK top spot [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Guild Wars 2 tiptoes past Sleeping Dogs for UK top spot [Joystiq]

Guild Wars 2, the MMO so popular that its developer felt obligated to stop online sales in order to maintain quality control for players, was the top selling game in the UK last week. According to Chart-Track, the game enjoyed the "second largest launch ever for a non-Warcraft MMO PC title, behind Star Wars: The Old Republic." Let us hope that Guild Wars 2 doesn't suffer the same fate as the MMO in a galaxy far, far away.

Guild Wars 2 is also the first PC-exclusive game in the UK to reach the top spot since Football Manager 2011 in November of 2010. It should be noted that Guild Wars 2 was also sold as a digitally distributed product, which would not be counted by Chart-Track.

Sleeping Dogs slides one spot into second, showing it has a longer sales tail than Darksiders 2, which had sales drop 71 percent last week to go from second to sixth. Ride past the break for the UK top ten.Continue reading Guild Wars 2 tiptoes past Sleeping Dogs for UK top spot
    Guild Wars 2 tiptoes past Sleeping Dogs for UK top spot originally appeared on Joystiq on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I bought it and I'm not surprised it would do that on the charts. Sure it's an MMO, but it's not your normal MMO. They went in with the objective of taking the stuff people complain about WoW for instance and fixing all those problems while bottling it up in a future version of the original title. The game should force other MMOs to adapt or suffer the consequences. The game is free to play after the initial purchase. The world is very vast to say the least. 4 races 5 classes and they uniquely have those GW1 abilities but they're tied to the weapons you use so each weapon or combo of them have different skills and the base 1-4 on your bar of 8 at the bottom they just unlock with use. YOu buy extra skills by going up one level like in an old school RPG, but you can choose which you want. Stacked to that are traits and you can rank up each of those bars in that (4-5 per class) up to certain tiers then you need to be of a certain level + buying a trait book to go further. The game is 100% live, everywhere, random mobbing can setup on big events that randomly pop to an area, or you can form a guild and team up with people in parties like old GW1. There is a story and a good one, but it does change a good bit on text and stages between paths, if you want to be a dipomat/fighter/charismatic and then depending if your lineage of royal, working/common, or beggar class too. All your gear has a slot to add perks to, you can pry them off with a chance to succeed using salvage kits like gw1 again. This game has crafting of items, items that make items, and those items that form gear and everything you do from crafting, fighting, finding check points, view points, points of interest, random event mobs, story challenges and the rest all can rack up XP. GW1 capped at LV20, this one at 80 currently.

The problems of wow with paid rates, weird mobbing problems, and other stuff I've seen online I'm not going to go into this game has addressed and it is currently sponging off WoW players who are liking the freedoms and changes along with the no monthly blackmail fees.