Thread: 3DS top screen stopped working

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default 3DS top screen stopped working

So my launch 3DS's top screen crapped out on my over the weekend. I'm not sure what could have heppened because I've never dropped it and took pretty good care of it since I've owned it. I opened it up the other day and the screen was totally blank, when i slid the 3D slider, I'd sometimes save wierd lines but thats about it. I tried what i could to get it working again but nothing was working. Funny thing is it would actually display VC gameboy games, but go blank again when i switched to anything else. I'm not scurrying around to try and get it fixed or anything as I've replaced it with an XL. Just wanted to know what may have caused this and if anyone else has had this issue. Is it worth getting fixed as a spare? or should I just sell it as-is on ebay.

Also my ambassador games transfered with no problem to the XL if anyone was wondering about that.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    So my launch 3DS's top screen crapped out on my over the weekend. I'm not sure what could have heppened because I've never dropped it and took pretty good care of it since I've owned it. I opened it up the other day and the screen was totally blank, when i slid the 3D slider, I'd sometimes save wierd lines but thats about it. I tried what i could to get it working again but nothing was working. Funny thing is it would actually display VC gameboy games, but go blank again when i switched to anything else. I'm not scurrying around to try and get it fixed or anything as I've replaced it with an XL. Just wanted to know what may have caused this and if anyone else has had this issue. Is it worth getting fixed as a spare? or should I just sell it as-is on ebay.

Also my ambassador games transfered with no problem to the XL if anyone was wondering about that.
    Yikes. Makes me want to switch over the XL sooner rather than later.

Give Nintendo a call, perhaps it's a nominal repair fee. Worst that could happen is that you don't think the price is worth it and you don't get it repaired.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"