ifkz, could you post some more info on this? I would love to know:
1) where you bought your laser (some ebay sellers are selling bad ones)
2) what was the resistance of the pot after adjusting
3) what specific behaviors should I look out for on my laser?

I spent a couple hours toying with my dying laser and a "new" SCF93 which turned out to be an 8 pin model I bought last year (doh). Took a while before I figured out I was wasting my time with it. One thing I did learn was that the POT is actually rhetostat, i.e. its only connected with 2 pins. So the best way Ive found for adjusting these (and it is amazingly less hair splitting) is to remove the POT, solder two wires to the points it was at, and solder a precision POT externally in its place. Then you can adjust it while its looking for the disc to see its behavior. Also hookup an ohm meter easily for real-time readings.

I have 2 old lasers (one from another broken CDX I have) and the 8 pin one. The dying (but working one) measured 675 ohms before making any adjustments. However, after adjusting a little and putting it back to that, it no longer works Im not sure what I did wrong or if these lasers are just terribly fragile. It just spins, stops, spins, stops, etc.

Anyway, if you could offer more detail on your successful fix it would be great I hope to make a video when my new laser comes in the mail to help people fix this great system.

-Segasonicfan