Thread: Columbus Retro Gaming Event CORGS November 17th 2012

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Columbus Retro Gaming Event CORGS November 17th 2012

I am helping to organize a classic gaming event in Columbus Ohio. Please PM me if you are interested in being a vendor at this show. Tables are $20 each and space is limited so please don't hesitate til the month of the show. Video games of any type are welcomed!

This event is to take place Saturday November the 17th @ the Columbus Fort Rapids Water Park and Resort. http://www.fortrapids.com/

The hours are tentatively set at 11am-6pm.

The admission is going to be no more than $2 at the door. I am bringing at least one pinball machine/arcade game set on free play to the show.

You can see pics of the room the event will be in here http://www.fortrapid...lic/conference/
    These Reproductions available with custom labels via PM with free shipping for DP members:

ATARI 2600: Mazy Match, Cola Invaders (the one I released/made), Meltdown (2600), Kabobber, Stone Age (NTSC), A Misterious Thief (NTSC).

NES(US):Crazy Climber, Mario Adventure, Castlevania C.O.M., Drac's Night Out, Galaxian.

If it wasn't for sarcasm, I'd rather be dead.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Badhornet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm too far to attend, but I wish you luck and hope it grows into a yearly event!
    The 8 Bit Wonder

Follow me on Twitter: Ataritexas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I hope it goes well also! I am in Japan for a year right now, but I am from Columbus. I would go if I could!
    Lurking since '05

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a reminder that the event is this Saturday at the Fort Rapids water park and resort in Columbus from 9AM-6PM. Tables are now sold out. Should be a good event.

Address is: 4560 Hilton Corporate Drive, Columbus, OH 43232

Website is: http://www.fortrapids.com/
    These Reproductions available with custom labels via PM with free shipping for DP members:

ATARI 2600: Mazy Match, Cola Invaders (the one I released/made), Meltdown (2600), Kabobber, Stone Age (NTSC), A Misterious Thief (NTSC).

NES(US):Crazy Climber, Mario Adventure, Castlevania C.O.M., Drac's Night Out, Galaxian.

If it wasn't for sarcasm, I'd rather be dead.

Insert Coin (Level 0) DaddyMulk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone else make it out today? My son and I had a pretty good time there (note to promoters: Huge "thank you" for making it free for 12 and under!). The new venue was kind of a pain to find, but it felt much more spacious than the church basement of past years. I was in awe of the large number of imports available for sale at cheap prices, especially Famicom/Super Famicom stuff. Picked up a few NES, Famicom and Genesis carts, an old issue of Nintendo Power, and some Genesis boxes for caseless games I already owned. Prices were by and large reasonable, with the exception of one table (I'm sure you know the one). Overall, great venue, great event, and I hope we see more of the same next year!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woulda' been there had I known. Went to the last two but this one escaped my notice. I thought it wasn't happening...