Thread: Ico and God of War PS3 collections patched for Remote Play on Vita [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Ico and God of War PS3 collections patched for Remote Play on Vita [Joystiq]

The Remote Play patch for the God of War and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus collections is now live in the US and Europe. Sony announced the news on the PlayStation Blog.

Sony president Shuhei Yoshida teased the Vita patch earlier this week, but now you can remotely play the PS3 HD versions of first two God of War games, Ico, and Shadow of the Colossus on your Vita. It's almost like magic.Ico and God of War PS3 collections patched for Remote Play on Vita originally appeared on Joystiq on Wed, 05 Sep 2012 09:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The patch wasn't available until 8pm, but when it was I tried it out online. Anyone else here try it out? Here's my opinion on it when trying it out using remote play wirelessly.

Graphically it's not as good as the PS3 version, which is pretty obvious it wouldn't have been, and is more closely comparable to the PS2 version. That's pretty obvious, but was just letting people know just incase they think the graphics should be as good as they are on the PS3, because they're not. As for everything else, whether it's framerate drops, response rate, whatever. There's really no other problems.

I played from the very beginning of the game to where you finish off the first colossus. The game didn't have a single frame drop while I was a reasonable distance wireless(started dropping frames around 40-50 feet away.) The controller response was more than likely less than perfect, but it was good enough to where I didn't notice it at all. It felt as if I was playing directly from the PS3 itself. I took out the bow and quick fired arrows to test it and it seemed to work perfect.

I'm hoping for more good first party games and also PS2 support to be patched through remote play. I'm one who could honestly care less if PSX games were playable through remote play because I can play ripped versions on my PSP with a better quality picture and without the latency, but to have the availability to play games like Shadow of the Colossus, and maybe in the future having games like PS2 classics, Infamous 2, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted, really makes a difference.

If you own the Ico/SotC HD Collection and a Vita, go play it now, just to test it out. I'm sure you'll be impressed.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

I don't have these, but I did notice and have mentioned it before that the Vita has SIGNIFICANTLY improved remote play latency vs the PSP. Not sure if the extra memory or stronger processor handles the necessary duty, but on the mid-to-low range resolutions you can get away with playing fighting games and platformers where that was previously impossible on a PSP.

Granted, I'm typically more tolerant about things like this, so I'm sure there will be those who try it out and can't handle what lag does exist.

If I had to compare, where the PSP had the feature as a novelty, I'd say the Vita handles remote play over the internet as well as a high-end streaming game service like OnLive.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"