Thread: Likelihood of a PS Vita bundle for Christmas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Likelihood of a PS Vita bundle for Christmas?

Just wondering if anyone thinks there's a good chance of Sony releasing a Vita bundle for the holidays? I would like to pick one up, but not for around $400 when you add up the cost of the unit itself, a memory card, and a game or 2.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I see people saying the same thing over and over. The Vita is too expensive and you'll be paying for the Vita a card and games, etc. Almost every other week there were deals where you'd get the Vita, a 4GB card, and a free game. I thought one time I saw a Gamestop deal where you bought the Vita and got two games with it, but can't find it. But here's the deal Gamestop was offering two months ago.

There's deals out there for those of you who don't want to pay full price. Having CAG bookmarked is a very easy way to find those deals. The best deals usually hit the most talked about forum topics or the front page, so for those who don't want to do any digging, it's not very hard to pop in, look around quickly, then leave. Even if there wasn't CAG. If you can't find a good Vita deal, then you're not trying to look for one.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-07-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    Just wondering if anyone thinks there's a good chance of Sony releasing a Vita bundle for the holidays? I would like to pick one up, but not for around $400 when you add up the cost of the unit itself, a memory card, and a game or 2.
    There's a white Assassin's Creed bundle with the unit, the game and a 4GB memory card for $250 coming out at the end of October. I'm sure various retailers will include a credit or gift card with it and you can bet there will be some type of holiday discount bundle given the relatively slow sales of the Vita to date.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Looking for the other deals in the CAG forums, the Vita is $199 at Fry's right now. In order to get a deal as good as the Vita, 4GB card, and free game, you'll have to find another deal when it comes to the game and card, but being card type games rather than disc, there's very little in the way of damage these items could receive, so it shouldn't be too hard to hard to find a card and/or games used on Craigslist for cheap.

http://www.frys.com/product/6713405?...%20date:090312

What is it again? Think outside of the box? Yeah. People should start doing that.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With the exception of Wii U I imagine there will be attractive bundle deals for all the systems. Sony isn't going to drop the price of the Vita hardware until they get at least one holiday at its original price under its belt.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I don't know what they have now but Target always seems to have some kind of deal going on with the Vita. Its almost always at least a memory card but sometimes i see them with a game or a Target gift card. You may want to pop in there, I bought mine at launch a still got a free memory card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only Vita bundle Sony has announced so far is the Assassins's Creed bundle(they also have one of those coming for the PS3 as well). Beyond that even if they specifically don't have any other holiday bundles you will still be able to find other ones during Black Friday deals in November and most likely a few other deals duing the holiday shopping period. But as others have already said, the Vita has atleast one special deal with a game and/or memory card pretty much every month at atleast one retail store. Read those circulars in your Sunday/weekend paper every week for deals from Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Kmart, Toys R Us and Sears, among other places.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

There have been a few bundles so far and will probably be further slashed by Black Friday/Christmas.

Quick break down:

(Oct. 30) Assassins Creed III Liberation Bundle: White wifi Vita, ACIII Liberation, 4 gig card - $250
    (TBT) COD: Black Ops Declassified Bundle: Black wifi Vita (rear touch decal), COD: Blops Declassified, 4 gig card - $250
    (Released) Maden 13 Bundle: Black Wifi Vita, Madden 13 - $250
    (Released) Wifi/3G Bundle: Black Wifi/3G Vita, 8 gig card, Voucher for free month of service/game (probably expired) - $300 (Amazon)
    (Released) First Edition Bundle: Black Wifi/3G Vita, 4 gig card, Carrying Case, Little Deviants - $290 (Amazon)

However as kupo pointed out their are sales for both the vita and games literally all the time so you could always just wait for the next one and lurk Cheapassgamer.com as they post major deals all the time.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

And on the Canadian side, there's always redflagdeals.com

Too bad that these bundles include games that I really don't care about.

Insert Coin (Level 0) nickerous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was able to score a Vita at Gamestop with a $50 gift card and an 8gb memory card thanks to CAG. It was a missprint in the GS ad. Should have been a 4gb, but they honored it anyway. Always keep an eye on CAG.