Thread: What is the most effective way to transfer all my Pokemon Blue Pokemon to Pokemon Black?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What is the most effective way to transfer all my Pokemon Blue Pokemon to Pokemon Black?

So due to various cercimstance I've found myself hopelessly addicted to Pokemon Black. I haven't played Pokemon since back in High School in the 90s, so this is a shocking turn of events. Anyway, turns out I still have my old Pokemon Blue Game Boy cart full of my original Pokemon team, I'd I'd love to port them over to the latest installment.

I've got a hunch this might take some doing however, since it is a couple of game platforms removed. But I believe it is doable? Even if I have to get a couple of previous incarnations of the series (and a couple spare Game Boys/DSs) to do it?
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't be done with the original gameboy games the farthest back you can go to transfer to a ds version is from the gba games, they upgraded too much between the game boy & gameboy advance versions like the whole battle system as there was new stuff in the stats that obviously gb pokemon wouldn't have.

Been a long time but im pretty sure you had to use pal park to transfer from gba to ds & even that was picky with what you could bring across. Only way i could think of is by using a hacking tool to edit your ds save file to make the pokemon you had back on your gb blue version. The save editors can even hack the trainer id name & number so you could get pretty close to what you had.
    Last edited by importaku; 09-08-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, okay. For somereason I thought they were transferable forward between all generations. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Nope, the transfer link was broken between the GBC and the GBA generations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Nope, the transfer link was broken between the GBC and the GBA generations.
    So if I play Pokemon Fire Red at some point I can transfer those somehow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can't link gameboy/gameboy color to a gameboy advance sadly, theres no way to get that data across into the gba games.

Nintendo rebooted the pokemon series with the advance games they really upgraded everything, the things they implemented all started from the gba games and were used for each of the future games as well as adding more new stuff, the way the battle system works ect. Thats why thats the gba versions are the oldest versions you can transfer from if you wanted to port an old team to the ds, it still would be a chore to do though as to even get the ability to transfer from the gba games to the ds you have to complete the ds games to get pal park to unlock. Pal park lets you bring across a pokemon from the gba versions but once done it is wiped from the gba version forever, not sure if you can bring across all of them though.