Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Default Resident Evil 6

not sure if there's already another thread on this but i couldnt find it, anyway demo is up on both xbla and psn

after playing it, my conclusion is the same one it was after playing re5, this game sucks and the series is done

granted this is a demo but a demo is supposed to showcase the best it has to offer to get you to WANT to buy this game on release, it was pretty much more of the same for me, zero scares, linear gameplay, no real story from what i can tell, cliche'd and hackneyed dialogue that tries to hard, survival horror thrown out the window for basically 3rd person call of duty...i'm gonna pass

any of you play the demo? thoughts? anyone out there who wasn't looking forward now after playing it getting hyped for release?
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    it was pretty much more of the same for me, zero scares, linear gameplay, no real story from what i can tell, cliche'd and hackneyed dialogue that tries to hard, survival horror thrown out the window for basically 3rd person call of duty...i'm gonna pass
    This surprises you? Yes the franchise took a turn with RE4 and left the survival horror genre behind while catering to the action audience. It's more action with a splash of survival horror than survival horror with a splash of action.

This is the new RE formula. I haven't played but I'm sure I will at some point, and that's exactly what I expect from it. Not sure how you could expect anything else when the franchise has been this way for a couple of games now.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    This surprises you? Yes the franchise took a turn with RE4 and left the survival horror genre behind while catering to the action audience. It's more action with a splash of survival horror than survival horror with a splash of action.

This is the new RE formula. I haven't played but I'm sure I will at some point, and that's exactly what I expect from it. Not sure how you could expect anything else when the franchise has been this way for a couple of games now.
    lol no i'm not surprised, i had already resigned myself to forever crying over the fall of resident evil after re5, re6 wasn't even on my radar until maybe a month or so back when i first discovered re6 would be 3 diffrernt type of games in one depending on who's campaign you were playing with leon's being focused on survival horror but after playing the demo...BULL-FUCKING-SHIT!

the campaigns are indistinguishable from one another, leon's campaign was just another bro shooter, shit felt like i was playing boring ass socom 4, and then chris's campaign? are u serious??? lol faux-zombie/plaga/terrorists with guns and sniper rifles? that shit felt like normandy beach, i didn't even finish it, i just quit in disgust & went back to watching black dynamite on netflix lol,

not this time capcom, u wont get my money

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I just tried out Leon's campaign and whlle it's decent enough to where I'm going to get it once it hits $20 or less, I'm not getting it anywhere over $20, because it's a sub par caliber game with great graphics. There are other third person shooters out there that do it better.

So first off, starting with Leon's storyline. Don't come any closer? You don't want to do this? He's a zombie. How many games have you been in to know that they don't listen to you once the infection takes over? I mean, come on. It wasn't even five minutes in the demo.

As for gameplay, we'll start with the UI. Holy shit the UI is just fucking terrible. It wasn't terribly difficult to figure out, it's just probably the least efficient UI I've seen in a game. When you open your menu and it's real time, shouldn't it be efficient to use?

You found herbs like they were candy, and then mixing the red and green herb gave you 10 health to add to your storage. If they have a trophy to beat the game without dying I'm pretty sure every halfway decent player should be able to get it their first playthrough. Obviously there's going to be hard mode, but the normal difficulty shouldn't be so mindnumbingly easy.

Since RE4, the series has became a shooter, so I like to kill every single zombie. Your first couple of zombies take one shot to the head and they're dead. But then as soon as you get only a little further in the same campaign, the zombies are taking six or seven shots in the head to go down. Just like the previously games, headshots didn't do anymore noticeable damage, so shoot them in the body seven times and it'll also get the job done. The problem with this though is the enemies are such bullet sponges, headshots or not.

Then there's the melee, the worst new feature of the game, or should I say best? You have a stamina bar that quickly refills or else you'll do extremely slow weak melee attacks, however, these melee attacks are more powerful than your pistol. Seriously. It's like I was playing as Bruce Leon instead of Leon Kennedy. There's one part where you're forced to wait for someone from the FBI, CIA, wherever the hell she came from, to open a door for you, and okay, so I was having to put six or seven shots into them to take them down, they were filling up the room fast and I couldn't try for just head shots, they were getting closer, so I started meleeing them. I didn't get hit once and quickly cleared about every zombie from the room until more started jumping from the window. The melee is now extremely over powered.

Then the most stupid part in the game, and something I think happened on Resident Evil 5. I'm not sure how many, but let's say in the entirety of Leon's demo, there were say, 10-15 zombies that were lying on the ground. You can trip over every single one of them as you walk by, but you can't stomp on their heads to make sure they're dead, you can't shoot them in the head to make sure they're dead, you just have to keep going, knowing damn well that they're all going to get up and you're going to have to go through that same area you went through previously, filled with more zombies, just so Capcom can increase game time. Another thing about some of these zombies is that you happen to run over them after you pass a certain point, they'll bite you and take an automatic one health off of your character. Even though they're now active, you still can't stomp on them until they come after you, and there's no way to get them fully active unless you want to lose a health point, so you do nothing but avoid them.

Also. It's so damn dark. After the amount of times he's went through this bullshit, hasn't Leon once decided to carry around a fucking flashlight? Dead Space 2 was such a dark game but thanks to the flashlight I could actually see two inches in diameter. In RE6 you can't see shit, atleast somewhat. I know it's only where I was at, but they're trying to give added difficulty byy not being able to see anything, and the difficulty is still a joke.

I guess one thing I should say I liked is that now you can switch the camera to the left side or the right side. I know that on RE5, playing as male characters the sight was shifted to the right side, while playing females it always towards the left side. This was an extreme annoyance and is one problem I'm glad they fixed.

That's my impression on Leon's story. Not really interested in playing as any of the others anytime soon. But my thoughts are that it's Resident Evil 5, but a lot worse.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

I've never actually played an RE game - I tried RE5, but it just wasn't interesting to me. So I tried the demo of RE6.

I got through Leon's demo, and I agree about it being too dark. I turned gamma correction up to 30 just to see what the hell was going on. It's also stupid that I'm tripping over bodies as I'm going. I didn't get it, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. It just wasn't scary at all.

Then I tried Chris' demo. I seriously couldn't tell what I was playing. Are these zombies? I was getting sniped at...by zombies? And it took way, way too many bullets to take any of them down. It just wasn't the least bit fun.

I'll try the third demo tomorrow or Saturday, but I'm not expecting to be wowed.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Resident Evil has been dead since RE4.

Although it was already getting tired by the time of Code Veronica.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the demo played really well. I'll be buying it as soon as I can. I know the 3 different campaigns might not seem like they're that different but I feel like each character was unique enough. They did a really good job of bringing aspects of each game into a whole in both mood and game play.

It took me a few runs of each section but I found the combat to be surprisingly deep for an Action Horror game. There's real strategy when it comes to more powerful enemies such as those lizard-dog-things in Jake/Sherry's campaign.

As for Resident Evil being in decline I have to call BS on that. RE hasn't been survival horror since Code Veronica and even that is debatable. Any idea of the series being survival anything went right out the window when Leon did a suplex on an enemy in 4. As for there not being zombies in the game, there haven't been any in the game since Code Veronica either. The series has always been about bio-weapons and the evolution of them, there's no reason ineffective weapons from the 90s would be still in use in 2013 by completely different organizations.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I thought RE: Revelations stuck to the survival horror formula pretty well. I was never huge on the RE games to begin with so I was most likely going to pass on it unless a friend let me borrow it or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I thought RE: Revelations stuck to the survival horror formula pretty well. I was never huge on the RE games to begin with so I was most likely going to pass on it unless a friend let me borrow it or something.
    You're right, I often forget about handhelds so I forgot about that.

I'd be totally okay with RE or any other horror series having a Mario Tennis thing where the console version is action based while the handheld is RPG (or in this case survival) based. I feel like Silent Hill desperately needs that but it wont happen.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rock View Post
    As for Resident Evil being in decline I have to call BS on that. RE hasn't been survival horror since Code Veronica and even that is debatable. Any idea of the series being survival anything went right out the window when Leon did a suplex on an enemy in 4. As for there not being zombies in the game, there haven't been any in the game since Code Veronica either. The series has always been about bio-weapons and the evolution of them, there's no reason ineffective weapons from the 90s would be still in use in 2013 by completely different organizations.
    The problem isn't that Resident Evil 6 isn't a survival horror and that it's a third person shooter, or atleast it wasn't in my post, it's the fact that it's just a shitty third person shooter. Resident Evil 4 gets a pass because not only was it one of the only console skill based(no auto aim) third person shooters, it wasn't bad in comparison to the very few others released last gen. Resident Evil 5 released and had co op, the only thing making the game playable. Resident Evil 6 is nothing but more of Resident Evil 5, but now it's more of a shooter and enemies are bullet sponges.

For those who haven't played the Resident Evil 6 demo yet, you can play through three seperate missions, and maybe you'll like it. I'd recommend trying out the game and then forming an opinion on whether you think it's worth dropping $60 or waiting until it's less than $20. If you don't really like it but want a new shooter, I'd recommend Stranglehold, Army of Two, Army of Two the 40th Day, Gears of War, Uncharted, and Vanquish. Some good games that you may or may not have missed out on, and it's better to purchase three good games at $60 or less than one at $60.

For those still preordering it, Best Buy has a $20 coupon, and if you preorder online for in store pick up it's an additional $10 coupon(if that's still active.) Newegg will more than likely have another $12 off or $15 off all preorders $50 and up by the time it's released.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 09-22-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

5 was garbage so was Umbrella Chronicles.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

RE Fans are now finding out what Silent Hill fans have been experiencing for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    5 was garbage so was Umbrella Chronicles.
    I gotta disagree with part of this. While I DO agree with everything stated in previous posts in regards to how much (mostly for the worse) RE has changed, I actually really enjoyed both Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles for the Wii. In fact, for me, lightgun games are all that are played on my Wii system!
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Seems to me that this game should have been Operation Raccoon City and the real one shouldn't have been made. This is too much of an offshoot. Deviates too far from the RE formula for sure, I liked 5 and didn't think it really did anything wrong as it stuck to the basic gameplay of the series, the gameplay here is COMPLETELY different, almost like Halo:ODST where you can just run through areas and not even fight, it's quite a disappointment at this point, don't like it at all as a long time RE fan.

Looks like Capcom has finally screwed over the main game formula and instead of an offshoot project it has become the main game.

Oh well, here's hoping for Lost Planet 3, still looking forward to that one.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Rock View Post
    As for Resident Evil being in decline I have to call BS on that. RE hasn't been survival horror since Code Veronica
    Because we all know, the only reason anyone would think RE is in decline is because its not survival horror

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    RE Fans are now finding out what Silent Hill fans have been experiencing for a while now.
    Yup, pretty much.

I played through RE5 in the best possible way, with my little brother, all the way through the game. It was a fun experience, and we'll probably play through 6 the same way. The Resident Evil story has always, ALWAYS been cobbled together anime garbage, so I don't care about that so much. As long as we can shoot some zombies and bio-weapons co-op, then cool.

Horror has been dead on consoles for at least a full console generation. On the PC, it's alive and well, though for the most part it doesn't have the Japanese influence that made Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Siren, and Fatal Frame so interesting.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop2 View Post
    na i gotta disagree, while silent hill games after 3 have been inconsistent as far as how much they stack up against the original 3, taken on their own their isn't a single bad game in there, even a few great ones and near great ones (shattered memories & downpour), and all the games to varying degrees can still imo rightfully claim to be an actual silent hill game (shattered memories while great might not fit in this one, and the room didnt take place in silent hill but still felt like it)

all the resident evils from 4 up have been garbage as resident evil games, re4 was a great game but you could have called that game literally anything else and it wouldn't have affected the story in the least. thats how far its strayed from re canon, it shouldnt even be legal to buy any of those games with the resident evil/biohazard title on the cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    all the resident evils from 4 up have been garbage as resident evil games, re4 was a great game but you could have called that game literally anything else and it wouldn't have affected the story in the least. thats how far its strayed from re canon, it shouldnt even be legal to buy any of those games with the resident evil/biohazard title on the cover
    Well I still had fun with RE4 / RE5, I just tempered my expectations based on the new direction of the franchise. Though I do miss when you used to kill genuine zombies instead of creatures with huge bodies that pop out of the heads randomly. If I want to kill SCI-FI "creatures" there's plenty of franchises for that (Halo, Gear of War, etc.), but if I'm playing RE, I wish I could just kill some damn zombies.

And in all honesty, Deadrising is my favorite zombie series from Capcom. It's not survival horror in the least, but it is genuinely more fun than any of the REs I've played. Though I've never been a true horror buff, so that probably explains my opinion there.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I downloaded the demo last week but still haven't had time to play it(or the Sleeping Dogs demo). I'll post back once I get thru it once and relay my thoughts.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally got to play thru the demo. For lack of time I only played thru Leon's campaign demo to get a feel for the game. I liked what I played and being able to shoot and run at the same time was long overdue. I don't see how anyone would get scared from this game based on what I played. There are times I got overwhelmed by enemies but not in the same way as L4D. It seems like they made this entire game based around co-op gameplay and in that regard it will probably be a very fun game experience from start to finish. I'm going to pick it up once I find a good deal on it.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.